Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 9:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little more on the Jubilee & 3 convergences this Sept.
RE: A little more on the Jubilee & 3 convergences this Sept.
(January 22, 2015 at 11:25 am)professor Wrote: Satan knows if he can destroy that people- the prophecies die and his doom is put off.
Satan knows, or Satan thinks? Because if it's the former, then it appears he has figured out a way to stave off the apocalypse. You'd think that if all he needed to do was wipe out a relatively small population of people, he'd have managed it by now. Otherwise, it's indescribably mean of god to allow his chosen people to be put through the wringer time and time again for the sake of a result that is inevitable.

You're right in that I wouldn't want to be one of god's CHOSEN if that meant getting my ass severely beaten every day for 2,000 years when god could've resolved things on the first day! This is the same god who doesn't want to see anyone suffer or die... right?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little more on the Jubilee & 3 convergences this Sept. - by Tonus - January 22, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suffer the little children to come unto me LinuxGal 2 652 August 7, 2023 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The little church that could. Chad32 21 4243 May 25, 2018 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Little Embarrassed to Admit, But... Astonished 14 4303 August 21, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  How did little old us ever take the measure of unimaginably stupendous God? Whateverist 26 7867 July 29, 2015 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  The more you attend Church, the more likely you are so support Torture. CapnAwesome 111 16166 December 23, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Theists i have a little challenge for you dyresand 21 4641 November 13, 2014 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Piscinin
  Jesus destroyed the little man Rokcet Scientist 13 6032 August 11, 2011 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  This little Piggy Welsh cake 23 6648 February 1, 2010 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: fr0d0