Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The little church that could.
The little church that could.
I don't know if I ever told this story, but I think it's kind of cute. On a road to my parent's house i saw a new trailer on an empty grassy lot, and a little cardboard sign saying fellowship services held there. Over time it grew to two or three trailers, and a gravel path. Within a year, a foundation was set for a new building off to the side. They were able to build a proper church building, and today, after I hadn't seen it in a while, I noticed it has a paved parking lot and an electronic sign.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this kind of thing, where they travel a road somewhat frequently and notice progress being made on little stuff like this. I thought it was kind of cute. A group of locals banding together to make something that the area didn't have.

And yeah, a new restaurant or grocery store would have been more generally useful, but I thought it was cool anyway.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: The little church that could.
A new whorehouse would have been more useful.
Of course you're the first to reply. Tongue
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(May 24, 2018 at 7:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: A new whorehouse would have been more useful.

There's not a whole lot of difference between the two.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 24, 2018 at 7:57 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(May 24, 2018 at 7:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: A new whorehouse would have been more useful.

There's not a whole lot of difference between the two.

I would have been far more calm on the van drive home.
I'm having a hard time squeezing church and cute within the same concept.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Especially a new one.   Like seeing a flesh eating disease at the point at which it might be mistaken for a mosquito bite. Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Depends on the franchise?

Like if they're FSM or Congregation of Jehovah's Presbytery of Zion it be OK by me, most others, ick ptooey !!!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Peyote church or nothing. 

[Image: 458_peyote-way.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
LOL !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suffer the little children to come unto me LinuxGal 2 637 August 7, 2023 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Could God be impotent? Fake Messiah 7 1091 February 25, 2023 at 10:18 am
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? Jehanne 136 8933 January 26, 2023 at 11:33 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 803 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Could Hell exist? Europa! 20 4581 September 16, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Little Embarrassed to Admit, But... Astonished 14 4233 August 21, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Would you attack the Church if you could? Macoleco 108 13925 December 19, 2016 at 2:31 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Could Ireland be restored? EringoBragh 28 4227 August 25, 2016 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If I could change one thing about religion... robvalue 26 6371 January 9, 2016 at 5:47 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Theists Could Learn Much From Booker Minimalist 1 1598 August 13, 2015 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Iroscato