Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Embarrassed to Admit, But...
Little Embarrassed to Admit, But...
So, I was in my orthopedists' office this morning waiting for my physical therapy appointment, and I'd gotten there quite a bit earlier than I anticipated even though I'd stopped for breakfast too. So I'm sitting there in the waiting room, and on the table where they keep magazines, I saw...a Watchtower. Now, I'd seen those things before, and couldn't even bring myself to throw them into the recycling bins to get rid of them, just throw them straight into the trash because that's exactly what they are, but after staring at it for about a minute, I decided, what the fuck, let's hear what kind of shit these propagandist fucks are publishing. Yes, I was that fucking bored.

The subject was what happens after death. Interesting enough, as that's kind of the most important aspect of just about any religion. Here's the thing, though; it points out that nowhere in the bible is there anything about an immortal soul, and that some of the polytheistic early religions were the ones that originated that concept and it was Xtians who adopted it as a dogma. Fair enough, don't care if that's true or not since I'm not a believer, sounds plausible enough knowing that the Abrahamic religions plagiarize the fuck out of so many other things. But they seemed to have zero to say about their OWN view on this shit. I mean, yes, by all means, do what apologists do best and shit all over others' arguments rather than bolster your own, we expect that. But when you propose no positive alternative on your end, that doesn't exactly create an atmosphere of interest in what you're selling.

I kind of just skimmed the rest of it, so what I gathered, and please, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounded somewhat like, everyone who's ever died is going to be resurrected, and anyone who's not dead at whatever time jehobubba finds convenient to make everyone immortal will remain on earth forever and earth becomes some kind of non-heavenly paradise. Is that anything like what they promote? It didn't sound like there was anything bad to look forward to about death, no hell, no path that leads to anything of the sort. So what the fucking fuck would be the point of worshiping jehobubba if there's no threat of punishment whatsoever? It sounds like EVERYONE is going to be in hell, living for eternity in a meaningless existence they can't terminate.

So that's what I took away from that thing I couldn't even bring myself to use as toilet paper if I was stranded in a jungle where the only leaves were covered in spikes. Oh, and in a few of the sidebars, they made a few claims about the bible being scientifically accurate and 'god never lies' and all that shit that make my blood boil. So yeah, all in all, I regret even humoring their shit for that five or seven minutes. But fuck, man, if ever there was an exercise in inanity, it would have to be that branch of god asshole-lickery. I can't even call it toothless because they still hate gays and refuse blood transfusions, so really, what the fuck is the point of it at all if they claim there's no penalty (or do a really good job of hiding it)?
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
RE: Little Embarrassed to Admit, But...
Yeah, not worth the paper they're written on.
I did have a friend years ago who was a gay Maltese JW living at home with mum... He told me about their rules about transfusions, etc...
Sharp as a bowling ball he was. But nice enough nonetheless.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 18, 2017 at 5:42 pm)Astonished Wrote: So, I was in my orthopedists' office this morning waiting for my physical therapy appointment, and I'd gotten there quite a bit earlier than I anticipated even though I'd stopped for breakfast too. So I'm sitting there in the waiting room, and on the table where they keep magazines, I saw...a Watchtower. Now, I'd seen those things before, and couldn't even bring myself to throw them into the recycling bins to get rid of them, just throw them straight into the trash because that's exactly what they are, but after staring at it for about a minute, I decided, what the fuck, let's hear what kind of shit these propagandist fucks are publishing. Yes, I was that fucking bored.

The subject was what happens after death. Interesting enough, as that's kind of the most important aspect of just about any religion. Here's the thing, though; it points out that nowhere in the bible is there anything about an immortal soul, and that some of the polytheistic early religions were the ones that originated that concept and it was Xtians who adopted it as a dogma. Fair enough, don't care if that's true or not since I'm not a believer, sounds plausible enough knowing that the Abrahamic religions plagiarize the fuck out of so many other things. But they seemed to have zero to say about their OWN view on this shit. I mean, yes, by all means, do what apologists do best and shit all over others' arguments rather than bolster your own, we expect that. But when you propose no positive alternative on your end, that doesn't exactly create an atmosphere of interest in what you're selling.

I kind of just skimmed the rest of it, so what I gathered, and please, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounded somewhat like, everyone who's ever died is going to be resurrected, and anyone who's not dead at whatever time jehobubba finds convenient to make everyone immortal will remain on earth forever and earth becomes some kind of non-heavenly paradise. Is that anything like what they promote? It didn't sound like there was anything bad to look forward to about death, no hell, no path that leads to anything of the sort. So what the fucking fuck would be the point of worshiping jehobubba if there's no threat of punishment whatsoever? It sounds like EVERYONE is going to be in hell, living for eternity in a meaningless existence they can't terminate.

So that's what I took away from that thing I couldn't even bring myself to use as toilet paper if I was stranded in a jungle where the only leaves were covered in spikes. Oh, and in a few of the sidebars, they made a few claims about the bible being scientifically accurate and 'god never lies' and all that shit that make my blood boil. So yeah, all in all, I regret even humoring their shit for that five or seven minutes. But fuck, man, if ever there was an exercise in inanity, it would have to be that branch of god asshole-lickery. I can't even call it toothless because they still hate gays and refuse blood transfusions, so really, what the fuck is the point of it at all if they claim there's no penalty (or do a really good job of hiding it)?

Some family showed up at my door at 8 AM last Saturday trying to sell that shit to me.  I told the woman doing the talking that I was  an atheist, and she just about choked on her fat tongue.  I think if I'd told her I just got done blowing my dog she'd have been less disgusted with me, lol. I'm pretty sure I ruined her day though, so...at least there's that.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(August 19, 2017 at 7:31 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Some family showed up at my door at 8 AM last Saturday trying to sell that shit to me.  I told the woman doing the talking that I was  an atheist, and she just about choked on her fat tongue.  I think if I'd told her I just got done blowing my dog she'd have been less disgusted with me, lol.  I'm pretty sure I ruined her day though, so...at least there's that.

Um...............woof?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 19, 2017 at 7:39 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(August 19, 2017 at 7:31 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Some family showed up at my door at 8 AM last Saturday trying to sell that shit to me.  I told the woman doing the talking that I was  an atheist, and she just about choked on her fat tongue.  I think if I'd told her I just got done blowing my dog she'd have been less disgusted with me, lol.  I'm pretty sure I ruined her day though, so...at least there's that.

Um...............woof?

Down, boy! Smile
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Yea, Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in hell
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 19, 2017 at 8:08 am)Losty Wrote: Yea, Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in hell

So, what the fuck do they say when you bring up that there's zero reason to worship jehobubba because there's no punishment according to them? Have they really never thought about this?
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(August 19, 2017 at 9:41 am)Astonished Wrote:
(August 19, 2017 at 8:08 am)Losty Wrote: Yea, Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in hell

So, what the fuck do they say when you bring up that there's zero reason to worship jehobubba because there's no punishment according to them? Have they really never thought about this?

They don't say much. In my experience Jehovah's witnesses are content worshiping because they want to and because they believe. While they like to go around from home to home spreading the word, compared with other Christians they're not particularly judgemental of people who don't agree with them.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
A friend of mine is convinced that his two dead beat brothers joined JW to get out of giving on christmas, birthdays, weddings, graduations, .......

I know them, he may be right. They don't observe many other JW rules.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 19, 2017 at 9:51 am)Losty Wrote:
(August 19, 2017 at 9:41 am)Astonished Wrote: So, what the fuck do they say when you bring up that there's zero reason to worship jehobubba because there's no punishment according to them? Have they really never thought about this?

They don't say much. In my experience Jehovah's witnesses are content worshiping because they want to and because they believe. While they like to go around from home to home spreading the word, compared with other Christians they're not particularly judgemental of people who don't agree with them.

So if pressed, they'll deny they're trying to convert anyone or something? Like pretend they're just trying to share something with people? Even though their product is no different from not having it and there's no consequence whatsoever in turning it away? What an inane existence. If only they weren't also liars, I might actually pity the poor fucks.

---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suffer the little children to come unto me LinuxGal 2 637 August 7, 2023 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The little church that could. Chad32 21 4094 May 25, 2018 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why the religious will never admit you won the argument (and why they don't care) Veritas_Vincit 166 20264 June 30, 2016 at 1:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  What is with refusing to admit slavery is wrong? ReptilianPeon 99 23134 August 25, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Divinity
  How did little old us ever take the measure of unimaginably stupendous God? Whateverist 26 7758 July 29, 2015 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  A little more on the Jubilee & 3 convergences this Sept. professor 148 31203 January 22, 2015 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Theists i have a little challenge for you dyresand 21 4496 November 13, 2014 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Piscinin
  Jesus destroyed the little man Rokcet Scientist 13 6006 August 11, 2011 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  This little Piggy Welsh cake 23 6545 February 1, 2010 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: fr0d0