Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 1:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agape For All Nations Church Pedophile
RE: Agape For All Nations Church Pedophile
I just wanted to add that the language when discussing this subject is problematic. I've said this before but I think it's worth repeating.

The word pedophile refers to someone with the mental disorder of being attracted to young children. But it has so much stigma attached that it is often assumed that "a pedophile" has already committed abuse against children. This isn't a criticism of this discussion or the language used here at all, it's just my observation of the evolution of language. I think as a society we need to start differentiating between pedophile and "active pedophile" / "child abuser". It's got to the point where you have to qualify that someone hasn't abused kids.

I suppose this is the problem of "guilty until proven innocent" with language. We need healthy discussion about it without the taboo leading to people damning every pedophile as a criminal.

As for evolution and such, I have no fucking clue! How or why it happens, so to speak, is a mystery to me. I think it's still a very poorly understood condition even by those who study it.

And, of course, anyone who has acted on their pedophilic tendencies is absolute shit scum and I condemn them whole heartedly. But those who haven't, and have to live a life suppressing those urges, have my deepest sympathy.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Messages In This Thread
RE: Agape For All Nations Church Pedophile - by Regina - June 20, 2015 at 9:31 pm
RE: Agape For All Nations Church Pedophile - by robvalue - June 21, 2015 at 3:54 am
RE: Agape For All Nations Church Pedophile - by Pyrrho - June 21, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist Nations are more Peaceful Cosmic Ape 28 14008 February 18, 2012 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: AthiestAtheist
  'Atheist' nations more peaceful, Global Peace Index study finds. theVOID 44 30363 January 12, 2010 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: littlegrimlin1