Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Atheist' nations more peaceful, Global Peace Index study finds.
'Atheist' nations more peaceful, Global Peace Index study finds.
Study finds Atheist countries significantly more peaceful.

Proud to say that the #1 Ranked peaceful country is NEW ZEALAND

Cool Shades

Suck it aussies! You got #19.

USA #83
UK # 35
Iraq # 144 (out of 144)

The majority of poor ranking nations on the index are not surprisingly Muslim nations.

Majority Atheist/Secular nations do extremely well:

1 New Zealand 1.202
2 Denmark 1.217
3 Norway 1.217
4 Iceland 1.225
5 Austria 1.252
6 Sweden 1.269
7 Japan 1.272
8 Canada 1.311
9 Finland 1.322
9 Slovenia 1.322

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/gpi/resu...ings/2009/

And a video analysis of the findings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtwTeBPY...r_embedded

Fairly conclusive proof of the benefit of Secular society imo.
RE: 'Atheist' nations more peaceful, Global Peace Index study finds.
Damn, are you sure that is right.......Exclamation Nah, that can't be right.....!!!Dead Horse I might have to move to New Zealand!
(January 4, 2010 at 10:56 pm)ib.me.ub Wrote: Damn, are you sure that is right.......Exclamation Nah, that can't be right.....!!!Dead Horse I might have to move to New Zealand!

You sound shocked, must be a yank? Smile

It's a very well repudiated organisation, so i wouldn't have too much problem accepting their findings unless they are directly challenged.
Of course NZ is the most peaceful of all.

You've all moved to Oz.

There's only sheep left

ROFLOL
I noticed the 2 most godless nations, Russia and China did not fare so well.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
Russia and China aren't the most godless nations...

Can you back that up with any data? Last I heard, Russia was predominantly Christian, and China was a mix of Buddhism, Taoism, and various others (non-theism included).
Sweden is the most godless nation isn't it? And isn't Norway pretty close?

EvF
(January 5, 2010 at 8:02 am)Tiberius Wrote: Russia and China aren't the most godless nations...

Can you back that up with any data? Last I heard, Russia was predominantly Christian, and China was a mix of Buddhism, Taoism, and various others (non-theism included).

No more than you can disprove it with lack of data.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
You are the one making the claim here. Go fetch!
(January 5, 2010 at 10:58 am)LEDO Wrote:
(January 5, 2010 at 8:02 am)Tiberius Wrote: Russia and China aren't the most godless nations...

No more than you can disprove it with lack of data.

Originally isn't the burden of proof more on the positive claim?

Just as why the burden of proof is on the claim that God exists more than he doesn't exist. Although both are claims that require evidence (at least if made as absolute statements) of course.

I may have phrased this post badly but I hope you and/or someone else gets where I'm coming from.

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is life more satisfying as an atheist or religionist? FrustratedFool 96 3571 November 10, 2023 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Good Faith Media: Global Christian Population to reach 3.3 BN by 2050. Nishant Xavier 270 11897 September 30, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Sincere and peaceful believers are tough people purplepurpose 4 1045 September 27, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Atheist VS Naturalist - the latter sounds more appealing to me... Duty 385 31597 June 8, 2020 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  "No born believers" says new study. Gawdzilla Sama 1 1225 November 9, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Study finds link between brain damage and fundamentalism drfuzzy 13 4049 May 16, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Survey study on atheists! atheist_researcher 11 1495 October 31, 2016 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Ugh, how come I, an atheist, have the ability to ACT more "Christian" than...... maestroanth 7 1773 April 9, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Religious kids more likely to be cunts than atheist ones Napoléon 12 2734 November 6, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  More atheist men than women? Catholic_Lady 203 28600 July 9, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus