Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radical Muslims threaten South Park creators
RE: Radical Muslims threaten South Park creators
@Fluké: I get you, man... and I mostly agree... hence my gut reaction of "Yeah! What he said!" Heheh. I am not as aggressively confrontational as some of the others around here, though I normally agree with them. Radicals (or extremists) from any and all religions do not get my respect, not even on a personal level. They give up any chance of that through their own words and actions. In any other case, I always try to grant the individual due respect, while not having (nor showing) respect for what they believe... only their right to believe it. However, I do agree with Dawkins in asking why we 'must show respect' to religion. Why is religion 'out of bounds'? It shouldn't be. I do not respect willful ignorance and I should not have to pretend I do.

I think we are basically on the same page. My default position is to grant respect to the person... as a person. But that can be adjusted to fit the situation. Radicals (especially Muslims for obvious reasons) do not want my respect. Good. Because they are not going to get it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Radical Muslims threaten South Park creators - by Thor - April 22, 2010 at 11:05 am
RE: Radical Muslims threaten South Park creators - by Paul the Human - April 26, 2010 at 8:35 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 751 133246 April 4, 2024 at 5:31 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christians and Muslims Clash in Luton, UK Fake Messiah 50 10378 January 27, 2016 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Theists Threaten to Kill Atheists.. Again- Erinome 33 12337 January 15, 2012 at 7:53 am
Last Post: rubikscube
  More Nutty Muslims Minimalist 12 4526 June 19, 2010 at 5:48 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko