Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 11:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof Mind is Fundamental and Matter Doesn't Exist
RE: Proof Mind is Fundamental and Matter Doesn't Exist
(September 15, 2015 at 2:16 pm)Rational AKD Wrote:
(September 15, 2015 at 9:12 am)mh.brewer Wrote: So if your mind is a sim made from a god/other mind that is a sim, who made the god/other mind sim?

I didn't talk about the IV functioning properly (thanks for the tangent/it is functioning and the fluid is entering your vein. Your circulatory system is functioning and the fluid is being dispersed through your body). Please answer the question directly. "Because the contents/chemical make up of the IV depends on your minds perception (and this can only based on what you were told), do you recover no matter what is in the IV?"
I would say the mind that's simulating us and the world would be a necessary mind. the most fundamental aspect of reality.

I tried to be clear when I answered your scenario. like I said, material objects don't exist if they are not being observed by a conscious observer. but that doesn't mean when you find them you won't find they were performing certain functions. basically when you find objects, they appear a certain way and upload a back history as if they were performing a function or staying the same the entire time you were away. with the IV, it technically won't be functioning when no one is observing it. but when someone goes to observe it, it will appear as though it had been functioning properly the entire time even though it really wasn't. when it comes to macro functions, you pretty much have certainty in the predictability of how they will function. when you go to the quantum level, you can only predict the probabilities of the outcomes.
Nice non answer to who/what made the god/other simulation/mind. Where did the "necessary mind" come from? How did it come into being?

No direct answer again to the hypothetical, off on another tangent. Now your stating that it's not being observed so it doesn't exist. I think your last tangent was IV not functioning.

Lets try one last time. Add the following to the past hypothetical description: You are in the room, you are conscious and can see the IV. You are observing the IV fluid drip and can see it flow into your vein. You can feel your heart beating and know that your circulatory system is functioning and the fluid is being dispersed through your body. The question again, "Because the contents/chemical make up of the IV depends on your minds perception (and this can only based on what you were told), do you recover no matter what is in the IV?"
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proof Mind is Fundamental and Matter Doesn't Exist - by brewer - September 15, 2015 at 2:54 pm
RE: Proof Mind is Fundamental and Matter Doesn't Exist - by Cato - September 18, 2015 at 12:16 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does a natural "god" maybe exist? Skeptic201 19 1682 November 27, 2022 at 7:46 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  does evil exist? Quill01 51 3663 November 15, 2022 at 5:30 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Understanding the rudiment has much to give helps free that mind for further work. highdimensionman 16 1111 May 24, 2022 at 6:31 am
Last Post: highdimensionman
  Do Chairs Exist? vulcanlogician 93 7223 September 29, 2021 at 11:41 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  How to change a mind Aroura 0 287 July 30, 2018 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Aroura
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 12134 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  All Lives Matter Foxaèr 161 44185 July 22, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  If Aliens Exist, Where Are They? Severan 21 5177 July 14, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why free will probably does not exist, and why we should stop treating people - WisdomOfTheTrees 22 4582 February 8, 2017 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: WisdomOfTheTrees
  Is the self all that can be known to exist? Excited Penguin 132 15211 December 15, 2016 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Tonus