Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding the rudiment has much to give helps free that mind for further work.
Understanding the rudiment has much to give helps free that mind for further work.
You could make use the geometry of a circle in a 1000 different ways from 1000 different attempts to utilise a circle.
You could make use of a single functional utilisation of circular geometry and adapt it to different problems.
Neither approach will give you a full understanding of whats possible.
Tinkering in the rudiment and sometimes extending the rudiment and developing higher functionality off from the rudiment are both useful approaches in their own way and both have their issues.
Point being there is always more to learn even at the rudiment.
RE: Understanding the rudiment has much to give helps free that mind for further work.
Your fortune: Joy make happy go.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Understanding the rudiment has much to give helps free that mind for further work.
In English please!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I like spinning.

[Image: giphy.gif]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I get the feeling 'high' is the important part of the OPs name.

It's that or I am high and not enjoying it nearly enough.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I agree that there is much to be learned from studying the ruminants.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: Word-salad.png]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(May 19, 2022 at 8:34 am)highdimensionman Wrote: You could make use the geometry of a circle in a 1000 different ways from 1000 different attempts to utilise a circle.
You could make use of a single functional utilisation of circular geometry and adapt it to different problems.
Tinkering in the rudiment and sometimes extending the rudiment and developing higher functionality off from the rudiment are both useful approaches in their own way and both have their issues.

Stop. Doing. Drugs.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(May 19, 2022 at 10:42 am)brewer Wrote: I like spinning.

[Image: giphy.gif]
I do too

[Image: seal-spinning-around.gif]
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(May 19, 2022 at 8:05 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(May 19, 2022 at 8:34 am)highdimensionman Wrote: You could make use the geometry of a circle in a 1000 different ways from 1000 different attempts to utilise a circle.

Stop. Doing. Drugs.

*cough* Time Cube *cough*
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can too much respect be bad? Fake Messiah 48 4361 January 14, 2020 at 11:28 am
Last Post: roofinggiant
  How to change a mind Aroura 0 279 July 30, 2018 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Aroura
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 11542 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality? Aegon 19 4409 March 14, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Give what you get? *Deidre* 44 8249 July 21, 2017 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Astonished
  So how much should we concern ourselves with morality? How much is enough? Whateverist 9 1393 July 16, 2017 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Mind from the Inside bennyboy 46 5799 September 18, 2016 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  What God is to the Universe is what your mind is to your body fdesilva 172 18368 August 23, 2016 at 7:33 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mind is the brain? Mystic 301 28667 April 19, 2016 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How "reincarnation" might work? chasbanner 50 4253 April 10, 2016 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Athene