Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would evidence of a God even look like?
RE: What would evidence of a God even look like?
(August 15, 2016 at 12:34 am)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(August 15, 2016 at 12:11 am)Arkilogue Wrote: My theological answer is a "self expression" by the extant God but the scientific answer "quantum fluctuation" works just as well.  But neither fully answers "how"?

My answer comes from quantizing the infinite spacial relationships the IUS has with it's own substance, into finite representation. This is not word salad, this is the discrete meaning of "quantum": the minimum single action or measurement of an infinite.

Well, first off, your use of the phrase 'infinite' slipped past me.  Even if the original universe had no center and was omnipresent in space-time, that doesn't make it infinite in comparison to current time spatial metrics.  So no, infinity is not one of its attributes.  Moreover, it seems plausible that an actual infinity cannot exist, so this infinitude of the early universe must only be conceptual.

Second, that's not the definition of quantum.  Loosely speaking, quantum result from quantizing the finite, that the finite is organized into discrete quanta that are indivisible.  It does sound like word salad to me, but please continue.

(August 15, 2016 at 12:11 am)Arkilogue Wrote: The substance of the IUS exists in 3 equal relationships: All around itself equally in all directions, at the center of itself everywhere and as a field in tension equilibrium. This quantizes into a sphere, a point of real substance (not a place holder point) in the center of the sphere, and a tetrahedron (minimum geometric tensor of 3d space) between them.

Why would it quantize into essentially two space objects and a tetrahedron?  This step doesn't seem to follow from mere quantization of the plenury that was the early universe.  How is this a better prediction of the early universe than standard inflationary cosmology?  

(August 15, 2016 at 12:11 am)Arkilogue Wrote: If a God being expressed itself, those are the only spatial relationships to be expressed..... if the IUS just up and one day quantum fluctuated, those are the only spacial relationships to be expressed.

If I follow you, you're suggesting that this hypothetical evolution of the early universe is identical to that which would be the product of a god being expressing itself.  I fail to see where you get that this is the necessary consequence of a god expressing itself.  Feel free to continue anyway.  I'll do my best to make sense of it.

(August 15, 2016 at 12:11 am)Arkilogue Wrote: Follow so far?

Vaguely.  I'll know better from your next step.
If there is stuff, there is either a finite amount or an infinite amount. A finite amount in the pre-inflationary singularity brings up many "fine tuning" arguments made by theists conveniently but poorly explained away by the Many World Metaverse theory.

I am simply following the thought experiment of equal opposite reaction in the contraction of an infinite, homogeneous substance. Not the expansion of a finite amount of it. And when I followed the logic, it predicted universal phenomena up and down scale. Even the origin of Life in DNA form.

It quantizes that way because that's how it actually exists, poly-locally. No matter where you go in the IUS you are at a real center point. No matter what point you choose, the rest of the substance exists as a spherical wave-form equally all around you in all directions. There is no gravitational differentiation, there is equal gravitational tension in all 3d spatial directions. There is no other distinction. It is extremely simple.

My thought on why I say "it was a God expressing itself" is because the resulting form and function of universal order are the requirements for embodied individuation and experience of consciousness as a single being. It was not intelligent design but geometric and biological.
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would evidence of a God even look like? - by Arkilogue - August 15, 2016 at 12:51 am
RE: What would evidence of a God even look like? - by chimp3 - August 20, 2016 at 10:04 am
RE: What would evidence of a God even look like? - by chimp3 - August 20, 2016 at 10:45 am
What would evidence of a God even look like? - by KUSA - August 22, 2016 at 8:51 pm
What would evidence of a God even look like? - by KUSA - August 22, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 58 4067 February 25, 2024 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real? JJoseph 207 10506 February 12, 2024 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2484 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3367 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1660 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4791 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8141 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2886 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1034 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1049 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm