Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real?
Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real?
Dear Atheist Friends, what would convince you that the Lord Jesus Christ is real?

For e.g. If He appeared in a dream or a vision to you, for e.g. Or if He worked a healing miracle in your sight. Or an airtight logical argument. Or a very convincing syllogism. Or if He helped you by His Love in a tangible way. Or something like that. 

Just trying to understand the heart of the objection toward someone as Good as Jesus Christ. Looking forward to a pleasant discussion. God Bless.
RE: Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real?
Restored my foreskin to factory specs

Jesus is already a proven fraud like Krishna, Thor, Poseidon, etc.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
You could easily convince me that christ was real. You'd have alot more trouble convincing me to be a christian just because christ was real. If some spirit or ghost or god came to me in a dream...the dream pitch...well...I'd probably believe it was real - I often mention that personal experience no matter the circumstance or details is what I'd call compelling. That is to say it;s the kind of thing that makes people..and I'm a person.....believe in the existence of x even when x demonstrably does not exist.

I'd still assess that dream pitch, and that's where "christ" fucks up.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 8, 2024 at 8:19 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: You could easily convince me that christ was real.  You'd have alot more trouble convincing me to be a christian just because christ was real.

Enigmatic as always, Nudger. Do kindly explain further.
Being a Christian is the easiest and happiest thing on the Earth. Indeed, that doesn't mean there are no crosses or thorns, just that there are also crowns and roses. Jesus Christ promised incomparable joy and peace of soul to those who become His Disciples and believe in Him. Some 2+ Billion Souls alive today, and perhaps around 5-10 Billion across 2000 years, can attest to the Truth of these promises.

When one believes one is going to be eternally happy, one begins to be happy already in anticipation of so great a Promise. We were always meant to live that way. It's just Atheism, and the modern "Apostles of Atheism", like Dawkins etc, who've confused us.

God Bless. Will pray for everyone here. Hope we all one day meet in Heaven having accepted Jesus Christ and having attained Salvation through Him.
(January 8, 2024 at 8:13 pm)JJoseph Wrote: Dear Atheist Friends, what would convince you that the Lord Jesus Christ is real?

For e.g. If He appeared in a dream or a vision to you, for e.g. Or if He worked a healing miracle in your sight. Or an airtight logical argument. Or a very convincing syllogism. Or if He helped you by His Love in a tangible way. Or something like that. 

Just trying to understand the heart of the objection toward someone as Good as Jesus Christ. Looking forward to a pleasant discussion. God Bless.

good is subjective

existence is objective

we don’t care about your subjective because you are a moron without a shred of judgement.

you can’t do anything about the objective no matter how much you fervently wish that were not so.
That's not been my experience. I've never been able to make myself a christian even though there were always straightforward and practical reasons to be one. If you ever meet me in heaven, it's going to be even weirder for you in death than it was for me in life.

Think about it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Make yourself a Christian? Anyone who can raise his right hand, over the Bible, for e.g. and say solemnly and sincerely, " I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, I accept Him as my Lord and Savior, I repent of my sins, and I'm striving to follow Him", is a Christian. Is not Christ better to follow than Hume or Marx? Than Nietzche, that Atheist who died a practical Nihilist in an Insane Asylum? If Atheism is true, life becomes dull and meaningless, and hopeless hedonism or misery, as he understood all too well. Christianity instead counsels enjoying the good things of this life, but without sin, as for e.g. King Solomon the wise says in many of his Biblical Writings. So married Christian Couples can and should enjoy sexual love for e.g. like the same King says, but should abhor adultery and sexual sin. And the same applied to other aspects of life, just like Adam and Eve should have enjoyed the 1000 legitimate fruits of the garden, instead of that one forbidden fruit. In this way, we are called to live a life of partial happiness here on Earth, while waiting for the Perfect Happiness of Heaven. 20 Centuries of Christian Saints are witness to the fact that such a life is easy and is possible for people from any and all states of life.

God Bless.
(January 8, 2024 at 8:20 pm)JJoseph Wrote:
(January 8, 2024 at 8:19 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: You could easily convince me that christ was real.  You'd have alot more trouble convincing me to be a christian just because christ was real.

Enigmatic as always, Nudger. Do kindly explain further.

You have a long history with Nudger?

Tell us about that.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 58 4043 February 25, 2024 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 136 5602 February 12, 2024 at 3:31 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2481 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1029 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Atheists: What if Trump addressed your issues in America. Would you vote for him? Sanau 38 4468 March 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3195 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  [Serious] For former Christians, what was it like to "know" Christ? GrandizerII 30 3874 March 14, 2019 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11363 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Jesus Christ and Marvel Interaktive 18 2538 July 21, 2018 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4627 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3