Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 3:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Christian loons who support the death penalty.
RE: Christian loons who support the death penalty.
(October 26, 2016 at 11:23 am)mlmooney89 Wrote:
(October 26, 2016 at 11:02 am)abaris Wrote: Entirely different discussion why atheists are for or against it. I oftenly stress that I have little in common with many atheists apart from not believing. And that's the crucial point. The one and only instance where not believing really has any kind of significance. We don't have any kind of scripture preaching love and frogiveness. We're also not, as I already said, a group, but individuals with our own personal set of values.

That's why it's apples and oranges if christians support capital punishment or atheists doing it. Christians have a rulebook and some of them are very vocal how much they care about life, forgiveness or that Jesus is love. If you go down that road, you better rise up to your own standards or be called a hypocrite.

Yes I understand that. Which is why I commented how I did. Because the original "As an atheist" part made it seem like because he is an atheist he is against the death penalty. Due to us all being very different in all other aspects that wording is bad.

I think that atheists should be against the death penalty.  It's very cruel for any society to tell any human being that "at such and such a time, at such and such a place" you will "cease to exist"; if that's not cruelty, then what is?

Messages In This Thread
Christian loons who support the death penalty. - by Jehanne - October 25, 2016 at 8:09 pm
RE: Christian loons who support the death penalty. - by Jehanne - October 26, 2016 at 8:24 pm
RE: Christian loons who support the death penalty. - by GUBU - October 27, 2016 at 6:25 pm
RE: Christian loons who support the death penalty. - by Jehanne - November 13, 2016 at 11:04 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Baptists in Texas don't support Biden Foxaèr 12 1492 January 7, 2021 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 90496 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
Lightbulb Support for a friend EllHarris412 52 6121 August 13, 2016 at 6:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7538 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Christian disonance of support iteractions. Brakeman 0 935 November 23, 2013 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brakeman
  Lord Carey attacks PM over Christian 'support' Darwinian 6 2909 March 30, 2013 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6378 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej