Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:50 am

Poll: Do you consider yourself to be spiritual?
This poll is closed.
No. I'm an atheist and I am not spiritual.
69.57%
16 69.57%
Yes. I am an atheist and I am spiritual.
17.39%
4 17.39%
No. I am a theist/deist and I am not spiritual.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Yes. I am a theist/deist and I am spiritual.
8.70%
2 8.70%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Truth contest, Essential Oils and New Age Spirituality
RE: The Truth contest, Essential Oils and New Age Spirituality
(November 12, 2016 at 1:14 am)Alex K Wrote: I'm religious now because I'm a vegetarian? Who knew!
Can you please quote where I said that being a vegetarian makes one religious? If I wrote that I'm not seeing it, and I'd really like to clear that up if I did. Thanks Wink

(November 12, 2016 at 1:58 am)Thena323 Wrote: I wouldn't consider vegetarianism, in and of itself to be "New Aged Spirituality". That could be a matter of necessity, simple dietary preference, etc.
I don't put much stock into any of the other stuff, though...none, actually.
You're right, vegetarianism, in and of itself, doesn't have anything to do with "New Aged Spirituality." However, many 'New Agers' certainly do become vegetarians for moral reasons that stem from their beliefs in things like karma, reincarnation, cleansing of the chakras or the pineal gland and/or the general spiritual well-being, and that's why I included it in the list.

(November 12, 2016 at 2:02 am)Jesster Wrote: I definitely don't see the religious/spiritual edge to either of these, either. The only reason I can think of for them being on this list is that a lot of new age spiritual people are vegetarians/vegans simply because of their religious beliefs. There are good and bad reasons for it. That doesn't make the act itself bullshit in any way, though.
Emphasis mine.

I thought it was pretty clear that this was the connection I was attempting to convey. I suppose I wasn't clear enough. I agree, being a vegetarian or vegan isn't necessarily 'bullshit' in and of itself. But I was clearly drawing a connection between vegetarianism and veganism with spirituality. I mean this is a thread about New Age Spirituality by the way.

Not sure if you guys are just nitpicking or if you legitimately were not able to make that inference. Or maybe the context of the thread wasn't clear enough.
“Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher.

It is the air and light of every heart – builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody – for music is the voice of love.

Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.” - Robert. G. Ingersoll

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Truth contest, Essential Oils and New Age Spirituality - by AceBoogie - November 12, 2016 at 3:30 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Native Americans Spirituality yragnitup 41 5546 June 14, 2018 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You Know, Truth Be Told. Minimalist 7 3144 July 9, 2017 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Faith and "Truth vs Utility" Valyza1 31 8105 May 16, 2017 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Valyza1