Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 12:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't Trump supporters admit there is something wrong with him
RE: Why can't Trump supporters admit there is something wrong with him
(June 19, 2017 at 7:50 pm)wallym Wrote:
(June 19, 2017 at 7:33 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Like Hitler, Trump is a morally reprehensible person with a deranged mind.  There are meaningful parallels between Trump and Hitler.  The only one I've ever heard say Trump is just like Hitler is you, wallym.   You make a pretty good argument against a position no one I know holds, and I despise Trump.

Are the parallels meaningful though?  Does Trump having the slogan Make America Great Again, and Hitler sometimes saying Make Germany Great Again in speeches mean anything?  Bill Clinton said "I believe we can make america great again" during his presidential announcement speech.  In fact, I'd guess every politician from the party not in power pledges something along those lines.  That's the premise.  The other side is doing it wrong, elect me, I'll start doing it right again!

So my question is, if someone is making a list of similarities that includes that phrase, is it because both using the phrase is a meaningful parallel that adds to the argument of troubling similarities? Or is it because people have dogshit for brains.

(June 19, 2017 at 7:33 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Like Hitler, Trump is a morally reprehensible person with a deranged mind.  There are meaningful parallels between Trump and Hitler.  The only one I've ever heard say Trump is just like Hitler is you, wallym.   You make a pretty good argument against a position no one I know holds, and I despise Trump.

What was that Khemikal?

Instead of finding potentially weak analogies why not look for ones that count?  Here is one for you:  like Hitler, Trump is against a free press (which he undermines by calling it phony) and engages in the spread of disinformation (alternative facts, if you prefer).  He lacks the power to simply jail reporters and take over their operation, but if it were in his power, how much restraint do you think he'd show?  He has successfully made many of his ignorant supporters doubt the press, though that didn't begin with him.  Trump, like Hitler, would like to control what people think and wish to suppress opposition.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't Trump supporters admit there is something wrong with him - by Whateverist - June 19, 2017 at 8:08 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 20428 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  What's wrong with Woke Spongebob 40 2837 January 23, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 350 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Something I've wondered about Hollywood Foxaèr 23 915 December 13, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 4268 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1087 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Question for the Trump supporters The Valkyrie 33 3199 June 13, 2020 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Zepp
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1970 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Why wasn't Trump destroyed like Michael Jackson? WinterHold 11 1262 January 2, 2020 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1514 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4