Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 2:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A secular arguement for the alteration of existing abortion law
RE: A secular arguement for the alteration of existing abortion law
(July 4, 2017 at 11:28 pm)Losty Wrote:
(July 4, 2017 at 11:19 pm)DogmaticDownSouth Wrote: Then why are you commenting?
Do think iit is intellectually honest to critize an argument you havent read? how about a movie you havn't seen or a song you haven't heard?
You can do what you want, but I will call you out on intellectual dishonesty.

I commented because I had an opinion at least vaguely related to the thread topic and I felt like sharing, a right I have as a member of this forum.

Do you think it's honest of you to accuse me of criticizing your argument when we both know damn well that I never even addressed your argument?

True, you freely admitted you didn't read my arguement.
I nevere said you didn't have a right to coment, if you actually read my posts you would see that I have repeatedly ASKED people (and clearly stated that I cannot order) to comment on what I said

If not intellectually honest then certainly offensive. If you were in an live conversation and some stated I haven't listened to what you said but I think your asking the wrong questions then do you think that it's intellectually dishonest and offenssive? that was your exact quote by the way - I think your asking the wrong question -> If you haven't read my thread then how do you know what question I'm asking?

I did see that you support a woman having the right to abort a fetus at anytime for anyreason, so I must assume that you (we EACH have our own moral compass, a woman may choose to abort a fetus even if she feels it morally wrong) feel that this action is morally permissible? My question was to each of you, which way does YOUR moral compass point?
And where could that needle lead.

As I have stated repeately if you believe that it is morally permissible to abort a viable fetus mere moments from delivery for any reason (no matter if this happens all the time, rarely, or not at all) then you are logically consistent. If you don't then you should acknowlege that bodily autonomy is not absolute. If you have read my acutal posts this is the question I was asking.

Again if you have no problem with that scenerio then you are logically and morally consistent. I would morally disagree with you, but that is my right and yours. There is no arbitrator of morality, only action (the law).

Messages In This Thread
RE: A secular arguement for the alteration of existing abortion law - by DogmaticDownSouth - July 4, 2017 at 11:56 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abortion and Population SimpleCaveman 143 7691 December 18, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Assisted suicide and pro abortion. ignoramus 17 1839 June 20, 2019 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Lightbulb Abortion/Consciousness/Life TheGamingAtheist 244 41739 October 4, 2014 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Chas
  A very cool photo shoot involving abortion Shell B 11 8460 June 20, 2012 at 5:59 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko