Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians are to blame for Hurricane Harvey.
RE: Christians are to blame for Hurricane Harvey.
I knew they couldn't hold their tongues. I just didn't expect it to be this hypocrite.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
[Image: Sa0qU13.jpg][Image: 117.png]
[Image: Lakewood_interior.jpg]

Speak of the Devil himself and he will greet you with sparkly Joel-ey eyes in a $4-8k striped suit. 

I suppose the people who died, got an F on the test then, Joel? 

NYTimes Wrote:Criticism of Mr. Osteen intensified after the church, which holds services in a 16,000-seat arena that used to house the Houston Rockets basketball team, posted on Facebook on Sundaythat the building was inaccessible because of “severe flooding.”

“We want to help make sure you are safe,” the post said, before providing a list of shelters in the area.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/29/us/joel-osteen-backlash-church.html

See? I'm not yelling, the Internet is yelling! 

And for good reason. 

Hand to sky, this one takes the cake for me, so far. Not because it's dumber than Anne Coulters theory, but because this is literally victimizing millions of people's minds. It's victim blaming them. What's worse though is that they have no idea they're being mindfucked! They just nod and believe that it whole heartedly is going to help them with their outlook on life in the wake of this utter disaster.

These poor people will wake up tomorrow with the same clothes on their backs and NOTHING else. Nothing. We have each other and put health yada yada BULLSHIT. Grandma was floating around in her nursing home, dogs died tied in the back yard, PEOPLE died. They DIED. 

Im sorry im not so "humble" enough to believe that we are not kidding ourselves if we think all 20k of people in shelters would be just fine finding out they're "just being tested" by god, or that this will somehow be a good thing. No matter how you cut it, their life is going to suck. It has changed and will never go back! They are going to be effected physically and psychologically for.. a long time. And no matter how hard they try, NONE of this is in their power, to change! 

Neither you nor I nor Joel Olsteen can guarantee that they'll even have breakfast in the morning. I hear some are going on 5 days now without food so don't give me this "God provides" nonsense, either. People are resourceful yeah, and they will keep pushing forward--but a lot of them just.. won't. 

Suicide rates skyrocket after natural disasters because PTSD is a real goddamned thing, and in all reality --none of us-- inherit $200 million and a golden toilet from their parents at the start of our lifetimes. 

These people are being told by this Preacher (and all the sister churches out-reaching to the community) that if they are not thriving or persevering, then they are failing GOD, their community, their families and themselves. Despite the millions of dollars all those churches could supply the community by paying taxes for just oNe year. Think about it.

Despite the FACT that these preachers drive jaguars and don't have to live in the "dangerous" parts of town because they have JETS to hop on and fly to their second homes with, they have the GALL to come tell theit community parishoners that the empire that was built with their own collection money, will remain as it is and their empire waits in heaven. 

And you know what these poor people will do? They're going to blame themselves. Not the government or these hypocrites, theyre going to blame themselves or people with even less than them.

Everywherre they look they will see failure and that pain is particularly excruciating and crippling. What do you do when you give your all to god amidst such a tragedy? Can he hear me? *goes to church, they say if I'm not seeing a "change in my life" somethings holding me back. Okay, revanp my entire being and shed who I was to be His. That didn't work? Who am I then? I'm not good enough for god, or I'm failing and don't know why or how to fix it!
Hopelessness. People may give up or they may be merely hindered, and some may think that they sinned too much to be forgiven--and when that happens, if they're still alive, they will find a penny on the ground. AND drop it in Joel Osteens monthly jet fuel and hair grease collection plate. It's, sickening.

No wonder Americans are so fucking depressed.  Undecided
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christians are to blame for Hurricane Harvey. - by Mystical - September 4, 2017 at 3:03 am
RE: Christians are to blame for Hurricane Harvey. - by Foxaèr - September 29, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7836 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sin and the Blame Game LadyForCamus 115 29960 June 20, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31262 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  At least she didn't blame "jesus." Minimalist 15 4051 February 11, 2016 at 5:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51210 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Fundamentalist christian group to refuse accept any post with Harvey Milk Stamp on. downbeatplumb 79 19503 June 3, 2014 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15813 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9947 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Westboro church blame amish for death of little girls downbeatplumb 0 1991 May 26, 2010 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb