Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fundamentalist christian group to refuse accept any post with Harvey Milk Stamp on.
Fundamentalist christian group to refuse accept any post with Harvey Milk Stamp on.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/..._hp_ref=uk

Why do religious groups have problems with gays.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Fundamentalist christian group to refuse accept any post with Harvey Milk Stamp on.
Just when you think the fundie movement can't get any more petty and childish, they find new depths to sink to. Undecided
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: Fundamentalist christian group to refuse accept any post with Harvey Milk Stamp on.
(May 30, 2014 at 5:09 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/..._hp_ref=uk

Why do religious groups have problems with gays.

Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I have no problem with lesbian men ...
You guys berate Catholic priest for being pedophile, the uphold one because Christians object to the stamp. People call this two faced.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(May 30, 2014 at 8:55 am)Godschild Wrote: You guys berate Catholic priest for being pedophile, the uphold one because Christians object to the stamp. People call this two faced.

GC

You got any evidence for that, champ?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Wonder if any divorced and remarried people are on stamps? After all, Jesus did forbid that while remaining silent on the gay thing. Presumably children could be just as confused about marriage seeing a picture of a divorced and remarried person on a stamp as they could by seeing Harvey Milk there.

It is a christian group complaining, isn't it? Sometimes it is VERY hard to tell.
Just more petty posturing from the fundies. I'm willing to bet that they'd get over the evil commemorative stamp in a heartbeat if they had reason to believe that each envelope bearing Milk's image had a fucking donation in it.

You know . . . principles and priorities.
(May 30, 2014 at 10:03 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Wonder if any divorced and remarried people are on stamps? After all, Jesus did forbid that while remaining silent on the gay thing.

Because it doesn't matter what Jesus thinks; it matters what the fundies think. There is a very big difference. Now, you'd expect these to line up better, but they don't.

Homosexuality is a big deal to fundies because they don't like it and the world around them is becoming more accepting, and this bothers them. Divorce isn't a big deal because the fundies accept it, so it doesn't matter if the rest of the world accepts it, too.

It's just like charging interest or acquiring wealth. Jesus spoke out about these things, but they don't bother the fundies, so they don't complain about it.
Because they're secretly worried that cocks are delicious.
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians are to blame for Hurricane Harvey. Gawdzilla Sama 72 33043 January 11, 2023 at 4:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Twelve religious group members arrested over Australian girl's death zebo-the-fat 2 690 July 6, 2022 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87869 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Are there any Christian proselytizers left in this subforum? Jehanne 157 20788 October 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Far right Catholic group worried about being banned. Jehanne 14 1930 August 24, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members I_am_not_mafia 132 15974 May 26, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Lyle Jeffs, Fundamentalist Mormon Breeding Colony Finance Wizard ARRESTED !!! vorlon13 6 2188 June 17, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Lovely Religious Group ThortheMighty 0 681 February 1, 2017 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: ThortheMighty
  Why are the "laws" of physics so different as conceived by many xtian fundamentalist? Whateverist 22 4832 November 13, 2016 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2810 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia