Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coal Only Supplied 2 Percent of U.K. Electricity in the First 6 Months of 2017
RE: Coal Only Supplied 2 Percent of U.K. Electricity in the First 6 Months of 2017
(November 10, 2017 at 3:52 pm)Wololo Wrote:
(November 10, 2017 at 2:38 pm)Aegon Wrote: Scientific American: Coal Only Supplied 2 Percent of U.K. Electricity in the First 6 Months of 2017

An article comes out every goddamn day proving that the U.S. should be investing in renewable energies. But Trump needs them votes from coal country, so we're going to be years behind economically.

The only problem with the UK's energy problem is that they are shifting to natural gas and wood (which is much more ecologically damaging than coal), and even worse when their electricity security gets worst, really dirty diesel generators.

Could you provide me with some readings on that? I'm searching things like "united kingdom natural gas" but am unable to find any articles discussing this rise in natural gas and wood. (Not saying I don't believe you! I'm just curious.) 

I see that in September, The Independent reported that almost a third of the UK's electricity came from renewable energy (with wind power being the most prominent): http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busine...72266.html
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coal Only Supplied 2 Percent of U.K. Electricity in the First 6 Months of 2017 - by Aegon - November 10, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nokia 3310 mobile phone resurrected at MWC 2017 account_inactive 15 1906 February 27, 2017 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  What personal info could a person potentially trace, with only knowledge of an email? Gambit 7 2511 May 7, 2012 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious