Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 10:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for "Our Role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums"
RE: Questions for "Our Role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums"
(May 17, 2018 at 10:59 am)Hammy Wrote: Even if I were a theist I would not let the idea of God's motives being mysterious or the excuse of "free will" excuse such things as child rape.

We cannot give a better answer than the one provided by Holy Scripture. Joseph was kidnapped and left for dead in the desert only to later become the chief adviser to Pharaoh. And years later, he showed mercy on his brothers saying, "You meant it for evil but God turned it into good." This doesn't mean that God desired for Joseph's Brothers to do evil; but rather, that God was able to transform the evil choices of the brothers and turn them into good. I do not believe this is a logical conundrum. It merely reveals how someone chooses to respond to Divine Providence: either with incredulity as an excuse to reject God or by accepting the authority of God while drawing closer to the Savior in our distress.
<insert profound quote here>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions for "Our Role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums" - by Neo-Scholastic - May 17, 2018 at 11:21 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sick Of All The Racist Forums. getfree 5 466 January 3, 2024 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sick Of All The Racist Forums. getfree 1 267 December 27, 2023 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  1st Call for Christian Only Debate: Our Role on AF Neo-Scholastic 132 17338 May 4, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The point to Human Existence? Role of Emotions. LostDays 33 6389 November 14, 2014 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest