Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 6:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short)
RE: My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short)
(May 7, 2018 at 11:17 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(May 7, 2018 at 11:10 pm)Quick Wrote: Did you grow up in a believing family? If you did, then you are going to believe what you were told, because, lol, kids learn from their parents.
If kids always believed what their parents believed then belief would have remained static since the beginning of time.

Kids grow into adults who can change their minds. 

(May 7, 2018 at 11:10 pm)Quick Wrote: I think the difference between myself and the christians gone atheist is that I understand that I have to believe in God because it's so ingraned in my neuropsychology from being brought up in a home that believed in God. *shrug*
So much for not being a hypocrite, huh?

Not sure what you mean...

(May 7, 2018 at 11:10 pm)Quick Wrote: And I don't believe you have never considered that God is real.
It;s amazing what you will and won;t believe...it truly is, lol.

The world is an amazing place.

(May 7, 2018 at 11:10 pm)Quick Wrote: I don't understand why you would be on this forum without an intrinsic motivation that is based on an antithesis to a belief that is so ingrained in the west that there is really no escaping the cultural influence on an individual from the idea of God. Unless you were immersed in a culture that didn't believe in God and yet your parents did, then I would say that opens the door for gray area, but otherwise I see no escaping it.
Say it with me "Hmn, well, I;d always thought that atheists -x-...but I guess I was wrong about that." "Hmn, well I -x-, but I guess not everybody would be like me."   There's no reason to double or triple down on some silly bit of bullshit.

I'm not. As you have implied, my beliefs are somewhat surprising to you.

(May 7, 2018 at 11:22 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(May 7, 2018 at 11:10 pm)Quick Wrote: Did you grow up in a believing family? If you did, then you are going to believe what you were told, because, lol, kids learn from their parents.

I think the difference between myself and the christians gone atheist is that I understand that I have to believe in God because it's so ingraned in my neuropsychology from being brought up in a home that believed in God. *shrug*

And I don't believe you have never considered that God is real. I don't understand why you would be on this forum without an intrinsic motivation that is based on an antithesis to a belief that is so ingrained in the west that there is really no escaping the cultural influence on an individual from the idea of God. Unless you were immersed in a culture that didn't believe in God and yet your parents did, then I would say that opens the door for gray area, but otherwise I see no escaping it.

Wow, read any good Poe lately?

Okay, you've had your lark.  Now why don't you tell us who you really are and what you actually believe.  Bye.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change, 
and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence. 
~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

Messages In This Thread
RE: My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short) - by Quick - May 7, 2018 at 11:22 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jews view of Jesus themonkeyman 12 4882 December 15, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: theyear12013
  Jodo Shinshu view on faith TheViolentFemme 11 4377 June 12, 2013 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: John V