Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 11:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Good Questions to Ask an Evolutionist"
RE: "Good Questions to Ask an Evolutionist"
(April 23, 2019 at 7:42 am)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(April 23, 2019 at 6:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Follow me, here.  The website is called 'Answers in Genesis'.  I'm sure that answers to certain questions can be found in Genesis, but not to scientific ones.  As the religious johnnies are always telling us, 'The Bible isn't a science textbook!'  And the answers to biology the AIG people come up with are nonexistent - the only come up with what they think are 'gotcha' questions that a quick web search can destroy.  They aren't going to disprove evolutionary theory any more than they are going to disprove electromagnetism.

So, what is the point of engaging these fuckwits?

Boru

The point is to rationally expose their bullshit in public forums as long as necessary.

Sorry, but I feel that just feeds into their propaganda horse shit that there is some kind of a scientific debate about evolution.  And yes, I know if they aren't engaged, they immediately resort to the oh-look-the-evolutionists-are-afraid-of-us tactic.

The best response from the scientific community (as opposed to a point-by-point rebuttal) would be something along the lines of, 'Look, this is pretty much settled science.  I understand that you have questions about it, which is fine.  But your questions aren't questions about the science, they are non-questions about what you think the science is.  I'd be happy to help you understand it, but you haven't done any basic research - it would be like teaching quadratic equations to someone who hasn't mastered long division.  I would start with the many, MANY refutations to your points that are already on the web.  Now, please - I've got some actual research to get on with.  Go play with your dolly.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
"Good Questions to Ask an Evolutionist" - by Fake Messiah - April 23, 2019 at 6:22 am
RE: "Good Questions to Ask an Evolutionist" - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - April 23, 2019 at 8:17 am
RE: "Good Questions to Ask an Evolutionist" - by madog - April 23, 2019 at 12:34 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Questions To Ask A Creationist BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1655 April 23, 2019 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  12 arguments evolutionist should not used debunked. Duke Guilmon 5 2187 August 20, 2014 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  SO THE EVIL EVOLUTIONIST SCIENTIST FIRED MARK H. ARMITAGE FOR DISPROVING OLD EARTH Duke Guilmon 13 6772 July 28, 2014 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Duke Guilmon