Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SO THE EVIL EVOLUTIONIST SCIENTIST FIRED MARK H. ARMITAGE FOR DISPROVING OLD EARTH
SO THE EVIL EVOLUTIONIST SCIENTIST FIRED MARK H. ARMITAGE FOR DISPROVING OLD EARTH
In all seriousness I came across this today.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/expelled/...quisition/

So here is the rundown the source gives:

"What happens when you publish a peer-reviewed paper that states inconvenient facts against Darwinism? Better yet, photos that cast doubt on prevailing paradigms:

[Image: 1-s2.0-S0065128113000020-gr14v19.sml]

You get fired. At least that is what a researcher is alleging."

Of course people were going to respond to this event. PZ myers in radio podcast by

Minnesota Atheists

He said:

"The creationists are all on fire about this, and it’s been a big thing in the last couple of yearsI’ve been to a number of creation museums in Missouri and the one in Kentucky and so forth, and they all have big exhibits on this all throughout the world because there was something gooey find inside of a dinosaur bone.

It’s kind of nonsensical though, because Schweitzer’s observation was that when you dug deep into a bone, into the sheltered deep recesses of a fossilized bone, you could find these unusual structures, which when demineralized–I think that’s a very important point, is these were covered with all kinds of mineral deposits–when demineralized you’ve got something left that’s got kind of a spongy texture, and you look at it in the microscope, it looks vaguely like messotheial cells, cells that line blood vessels. Okay. Other people have said, well yeah, but they look more like bacterial biofilms anyway.

So it’s definitely biological material. It’s definitely soft. It’s buried in the bone. Now I don’t why they (creationists) think this is a big deal cause there’s nothing about taphonomy that says every single thing inside of a fossilized bone has to be replaced, it has to be completely replaced with some other mineral. And what these are are isolated bits that are very deep that… They’re carbon. What do you think happens to carbon over 70 million years? It doesn’t turn into lead or it doesn’t turn into calcium carbonate. It stays carbon.

So they found carbonaceous material that has a spongy texture. There’s nothing in that to contradict evolutionary theory. It’s an interesting phenomenon in fossil taphonomy. It says something interesting about preservation of tissues, but it’s not a strike against evolution."

Of course Mark responds with:

If you knew anything Dr. Meyers, about the microscopy of osteocytes – living osteocytes – (and we are not talking about epithelial cells) you would know that delicate ultrastructure – and I am talking fine filipodia approaching 500nm in width, decay WITHIN DAYS of the death of an organism. We microscopists have to use quick acting preservatives and process bone tissues immediately ON ICE to preserve the kinds of structures you can see on the Triceratops osteocytes in my paper:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...8113000020

The reason we creationists are very excited about this work – the reason you and Jack Horner and Mary Schweitzer are backpedalling FAST on this issue now is because EVERYBODY knows this kind of ultrastructural preservation is MIRACULOUS. Osteocytes do not sit around with these kinds of structures for 10,000 years – let alone 68 million years.

Secondly – you should resist the temptation to comment about things you have not done your homework on. Seriously, you are embarrassing yourself because Mary Schweitzer showed in her 2013 paper that these osteocytes contain HISTONES inside their nucleoli. This is direct evidence that there is MIRACULOUS preservation of autogenous molecules inside these bones – and in my case, inside a highly vascular, mud embedded Triceratops horn (not a deeply buried heavily encased limb bone).

Thirdly, (and once again) Schweitzer has completely blown away the biofilm argument….Seriously – STOP TALKING PZ – you are showing folks how little you know about the work that has been done by Schweitzer.

Fourthly PZ – this is not something small and isolated found in one or two bones here or there – this is EVERYWHERE – soft autogenous tissues are EVERYWHERE in the fossil record – it is THE NORM and we at the Creation Research Society are going to PROVE it. We are going to test fossils from as many sites as possible and we are going to document what you are trying to cover up – the fossil graveyard left all over the earth as a result of the Flood of Noah happened very recently. Just sit back and watch the show.

By the way, I loved you in Ray Comfort’s new film, “Evolution vs God.”

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intellect...s-critics/

Leaving out the liar ray comfort's movie as we all know that he is the one to edit out his interviews at inconvenient partsBig Grinodgy:, it seems that evolution is false because the paper in question is a paper called "Soft sheets of fibrillar bone from a fossil of the supraorbital horn of the dinosaur Triceratops horridus" http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...8113000020

The reason it disproves evolution is because it supposedly debunks iron and biofilm from preserving the remains of the t-rex find of Mary. This would mean that the earth was 6,000, gays go to hell, and that Jesus died on a cross to forgive you, even though Yahweh can do that anyway because he can do what he wants.

The problem is where is the original source of this new article. Is it a real objection, no. However I do want to know if this was legitimate or a creationist going crazy and making a claim that he was fired for the paper when he wasn't.

Also if you ask me, It seems the whole T-rex "blood" thing is the last resort for creationist.
[Image: guilmon_evolution_by_davidgtm3-d4gb5rp.gif]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
(July 6, 2014 at 6:39 pm)Metazoa Zeke Wrote: In all seriousness I came across this today.

So, someone finds something that does not fit part of the current theory and the creationists use this to trash the entire theory of evolution and insert god into the vacuum they just created ...

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
RE: SO THE EVIL EVOLUTIONIST SCIENTIST FIRED MARK H. ARMITAGE FOR DISPROVING OLD EARTH
Do you blame them?
If you're fighting a losing battle against science, you grab anything and everything you can to buy you some time.
Science can only progress one way > forward.
It's time for "god" to show up and settle the score once and for all.
Oh, I nearly forgot, he's testing our resolve. Silly me.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: SO THE EVIL EVOLUTIONIST SCIENTIST FIRED MARK H. ARMITAGE FOR DISPROVING OLD EARTH
As far as I can tell they're just claiming another miracle. After all we all know that delicate structures like these "decay WITHIN DAYS of the death of an organism". Not 6,000 years. Unimpressive miracle, if you ask me.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's another argument from ignorance: "I can't think of another more reasonable way this could have happened, therefore it's a miracle."

And this is without even stopping to test the goddamn thing properly first. Yet more worthless creationist nonsense, couched in the same aggressive, condescending and self aggrandizing dickitude that the godwads always go to when they think they've found a foothold against evolution.

Assholes and idiots braying their ignorance for everyone to see. Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Quote:Error 404: page not found
The page you are looking for is not here

That's not convincing. Par for the course with those creatard asswipes.
A discovery sheds new light on how carbon-based life fossilizes.

THEREFORE GOD
First part about that website.... "Uncommon Descent: Serving the Intelligent Design Community" as the title should send up red flags immediately. Cherry picking anyone?

And second... holy crap on a cracker, get some color on that home page. The color scheme was so depressing I was contemplating what it would feel like to put my car in neutral while on a steep hit, and then place my head under the tire. Undecided
(July 6, 2014 at 6:39 pm)Metazoa Zeke Wrote: In all seriousness I came across this today.

So here is the rundown the source gives:

"What happens when you publish a peer-reviewed paper that states inconvenient facts against Darwinism? Better yet, photos that cast doubt on prevailing paradigms:

[Image: 1-s2.0-S0065128113000020-gr14v19.sml]

You get fired. At least that is what a researcher is alleging."

Of course people were going to respond to this event. PZ myers in radio podcast by

Minnesota Atheists

He said:

"The creationists are all on fire about this, and it’s been a big thing in the last couple of yearsI’ve been to a number of creation museums in Missouri and the one in Kentucky and so forth, and they all have big exhibits on this all throughout the world because there was something gooey find inside of a dinosaur bone.

It’s kind of nonsensical though, because Schweitzer’s observation was that when you dug deep into a bone, into the sheltered deep recesses of a fossilized bone, you could find these unusual structures, which when demineralized–I think that’s a very important point, is these were covered with all kinds of mineral deposits–when demineralized you’ve got something left that’s got kind of a spongy texture, and you look at it in the microscope, it looks vaguely like messotheial cells, cells that line blood vessels. Okay. Other people have said, well yeah, but they look more like bacterial biofilms anyway.

So it’s definitely biological material. It’s definitely soft. It’s buried in the bone. Now I don’t why they (creationists) think this is a big deal cause there’s nothing about taphonomy that says every single thing inside of a fossilized bone has to be replaced, it has to be completely replaced with some other mineral. And what these are are isolated bits that are very deep that… They’re carbon. What do you think happens to carbon over 70 million years? It doesn’t turn into lead or it doesn’t turn into calcium carbonate. It stays carbon.

So they found carbonaceous material that has a spongy texture. There’s nothing in that to contradict evolutionary theory. It’s an interesting phenomenon in fossil taphonomy. It says something interesting about preservation of tissues, but it’s not a strike against evolution."

Of course Mark responds with:

If you knew anything Dr. Meyers, about the microscopy of osteocytes – living osteocytes – (and we are not talking about epithelial cells) you would know that delicate ultrastructure – and I am talking fine filipodia approaching 500nm in width, decay WITHIN DAYS of the death of an organism. We microscopists have to use quick acting preservatives and process bone tissues immediately ON ICE to preserve the kinds of structures you can see on the Triceratops osteocytes in my paper:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...8113000020

The reason we creationists are very excited about this work – the reason you and Jack Horner and Mary Schweitzer are backpedalling FAST on this issue now is because EVERYBODY knows this kind of ultrastructural preservation is MIRACULOUS. Osteocytes do not sit around with these kinds of structures for 10,000 years – let alone 68 million years.

Secondly – you should resist the temptation to comment about things you have not done your homework on. Seriously, you are embarrassing yourself because Mary Schweitzer showed in her 2013 paper that these osteocytes contain HISTONES inside their nucleoli. This is direct evidence that there is MIRACULOUS preservation of autogenous molecules inside these bones – and in my case, inside a highly vascular, mud embedded Triceratops horn (not a deeply buried heavily encased limb bone).

Thirdly, (and once again) Schweitzer has completely blown away the biofilm argument….Seriously – STOP TALKING PZ – you are showing folks how little you know about the work that has been done by Schweitzer.

Fourthly PZ – this is not something small and isolated found in one or two bones here or there – this is EVERYWHERE – soft autogenous tissues are EVERYWHERE in the fossil record – it is THE NORM and we at the Creation Research Society are going to PROVE it. We are going to test fossils from as many sites as possible and we are going to document what you are trying to cover up – the fossil graveyard left all over the earth as a result of the Flood of Noah happened very recently. Just sit back and watch the show.

By the way, I loved you in Ray Comfort’s new film, “Evolution vs God.”

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intellect...s-critics/

Leaving out the liar ray comfort's movie as we all know that he is the one to edit out his interviews at inconvenient partsBig Grinodgy:, it seems that evolution is false because the paper in question is a paper called "Soft sheets of fibrillar bone from a fossil of the supraorbital horn of the dinosaur Triceratops horridus" http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...8113000020

The reason it disproves evolution is because it supposedly debunks iron and biofilm from preserving the remains of the t-rex find of Mary. This would mean that the earth was 6,000, gays go to hell, and that Jesus died on a cross to forgive you, even though Yahweh can do that anyway because he can do what he wants.

The problem is where is the original source of this new article. Is it a real objection, no. However I do want to know if this was legitimate or a creationist going crazy and making a claim that he was fired for the paper when he wasn't.

Also if you ask me, It seems the whole T-rex "blood" thing is the last resort for creationist.

so we came from goo? and that goo decided to be male and ran into female goo? and then they decided to become human and have babies together? and where are the geologic colums in order anywhere or together, evolution is a big fraud to fool the world.

(July 6, 2014 at 8:51 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Do you blame them?
If you're fighting a losing battle against science, you grab anything and everything you can to buy you some time.
Science can only progress one way > forward.
It's time for "god" to show up and settle the score once and for all.
Oh, I nearly forgot, he's testing our resolve. Silly me.

there is no battle, give me some proof we came from goo, formed lungs, eyews etc a male and female at the same time, and became man and stopped.
(July 23, 2014 at 10:11 pm)theheretic Wrote: so we came from goo? and that goo decided to be male and ran into female goo? and then they decided to become human and have babies together? and where are the geologic colums in order anywhere or together, evolution is a big fraud to fool the world.

there is no battle, give me some proof we came from goo, formed lungs, eyews etc a male and female at the same time, and became man and stopped.

Shut the fuck up.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the age of the earth jasonelijah 88 5189 March 30, 2021 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Life After Death Is Impossible, Says Scientist Fake Messiah 121 10158 February 23, 2021 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  "Good Questions to Ask an Evolutionist" Fake Messiah 13 1947 April 23, 2019 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  No official name for earth's moon Foxaèr 32 2063 March 4, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If Evil-lution is true... YahwehIsTheWay 32 3852 June 7, 2016 at 3:43 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How Life Began on Earth Rhondazvous 11 2797 January 12, 2016 at 5:31 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evil thoughts. Mystic 35 5201 December 20, 2014 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Primordial earth much more hospitable to life than imagined. Anomalocaris 0 965 September 17, 2014 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  12 arguments evolutionist should not used debunked. Duke Guilmon 5 2175 August 20, 2014 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  why are psychiatrists evil? dazzn 21 7062 June 8, 2013 at 9:08 am
Last Post: FlyingNarwhal