Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 6:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Why is it reasonable to believe in prisons, but not in the hell?"
RE: "Why is it reasonable to believe in prisons, but not in the hell?"
Pretty hard to reoffend in a prison. Even so, when people get out they can reoffend - but unless we're talking about killing and or imprisoning a thief for life....there's really no stopping that.

I'm gonna hit the pause button here. Are you searching for ways to salvage your objections to the reality of prisons, or your arguments about prisons unreality by their lack of utility or effectiveness?

Bad prisons that aren't effective or don't work are still prisons that exist. You understand that, right? You can't cogently object to prisons by what effect (or effectiveness) prisons have so long as you maintain that there aren't any prisons to refer to.........
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Why is it reasonable to believe in prisons, but not in the hell?" - by The Grand Nudger - February 13, 2021 at 2:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 5173 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 8537 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  People are not 'Going to Hell' - they're already in Hell. The Kreisel 22 2448 February 18, 2021 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 7280 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13894 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4209 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Help me not fear heaven/hell Fleeing Jesus 128 13817 June 18, 2019 at 5:08 am
Last Post: SenseMaker007
  Who do not atheists believe? Interaktive 12 2369 March 25, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Choosing to/not to Believe? Not Possible? JairCrawford 61 9820 July 1, 2018 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Why do people believe that Beowulf is fiction? I_am_not_mafia 59 13360 June 6, 2018 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama