Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just the essentials or all the bells and whistles?
RE: Just the essentials or all the bells and whistles?
I would say I am more middle of the road too. If something will do what I need it to do and doesn't break the bank, I am good with that.

Many years ago when my husband and I bought our first house, he had a friend who had a refrigerator that was pretty new but too big for his place since he and his wife split and he was in a trailor for a while. We bought the fridge from him but he voiced his concern that I wouldn't be happy because there was a mark on one side from moving it. I asked if it would freeze the stuff I put in the freezer and keep the food in the fridge side cold. He said that it worked perfectly. I said, then it's perfect. As it turned out the mark was never seen since it was up against the wall.

A couple years ago my husband wanted to buy new appliances for the kitchen. He wanted to know if I wanted to come along to pick them out. I said if the fridge keeps the food cold/frozen, the stove and microwave heat food up, and the dishwasher washes the dishes...I am happy. And I have been.

Husband has a zillion gadgets in his truck that he never uses....but he would use the CD player if it had one. I'm quite happy with my little car. Anything it won't do for me, my phone will so it's all good...and it's paid off.

I am holding back from buying a new laptop though. I get a little nuts when it comes to my computer. That's where I may go a little overboard.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Messages In This Thread
Just the essentials or all the bells and whistles? - by brewer - September 16, 2021 at 12:18 pm
RE: Just the essentials or all the bells and whistles? - by arewethereyet - September 16, 2021 at 12:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2159 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  So I just got back my IQ score and diagnosis and I'm sad MusicLovingAtheist 43 18875 September 26, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  My psycho mom just took away my purse with all my belongings without ANY warning! jashleygirl 65 12008 August 5, 2014 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  I just wanted you all to know Losty 12 3977 May 3, 2014 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Napoléon