Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can America ever truly pay for its sins?
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins?
(December 7, 2021 at 8:33 pm)ToTheMoon Wrote: Hmm, would giving people shit for their faults include say criticism of criminals who hide behind a minority identity in an attempt to avoid accountability?
Here I was thinking I was talking to a person who just had bad info.  Looks a bit worse than that now.

Quote:When this line of thinking reaches a point where it sparks multiple riots in multiple cities and causes people to think they have nothing to lose, that if they don't revolt they're next on some kill list or whatever, then it's an issue.
Who thinks they need to revolt in order to avoid being on a kill list, or whatever? Obviously, the race obsessed, who believe in white genocide..but they felt that way before anyone invented the crt crisis.

Quote:This assumes that there are only two options when dealing with race issues in the US, agree with everything far left progressives say or adopt the position that whites are better than everyone else.

I reject both and yes it is a valid choice to reject both positions. Actual racists would equally regard me as a useful idiot for the woke side, basically a naive liberal. But there is a third way and it's to just ignore race altogether and treat people fairly on their own merits. I don't think any of this divisive rhetoric on the left helps at all. I hope that 30 years from now this fad will pass and people will look back in shame.
Ignoring race altogether is ignoring the animal in our house, eating our lunch.  Useful idiot, sure, but not for any woke side. I'm guessing that the only things you know about american progressivism are things you gleaned from whatever white supremacist dipshits you've been getting your info from. Not only is the crt thing completely made up...so is any american far left. It's just a boogeyman, you'e been scared shitless all the way across the world by a phantom invented to make ignorant domestics piss their pants.

Quote:Giving money to everyone just dilutes the value of that money. Increasing how much money people have is not going to increase the number of goods and services up for sale.

As someone with a pretty high tax burden in Romania, I am not impressed. Over 50% of my income goes to the government one way or another and the services I get in return are mediocre at best, terrible at worst. And no, don't google the 10% income tax, that's just one of the many taxes you pay. Health is another 10%. Pension is another whopping 25%. VAT is 19% for most things. The public pension system is a complete failure rife with corruption and flagrant inequities, why? I pay the same amount as a cop, judge or politician, but they get to retire early with fat pensions while I don't even get back what I paid into the system adjusted for inflation. Social security is even more of a fraud here than it is in the US. In both cases if you die before your 60's your family gets nothing. People would be better off ditching social security and just investing in the stock market for the long haul. The returns are much better, your kids can inherit the portfolio if you die young and you don't have to burden the government with unsustainable debt.

On top of that, poor people are still poor, I still see homeless people even if it's not as bad as the early 90's and most small towns are plagued by wild dogs and crumbling infrastructure. It is no exaggeration to say that if I'm paying over 50% I at least expect way better.

We have universal healthcare here, but with the quality and quantity offered don't envy us. If you have something serious like cancer, you're better off having it in the US even if you get into debt. At least you're more likely to live. I don't know anyone who has money and relies exclusively on the public sector. If this system works so well, why does private insurance still exist?

But there is another good reason to have small government with low taxes. Having limited resources means it won't be able to enforce pointless, cruel and unjust laws like putting people in cages for weed, gambling or prostitution. It will be busy enough dealing with real crimes.
There you go with your opinions again.  I just told you what actually works when the us does it - not whether it was an idea that would fit with your political sensibilities or whatever ludicrous taxation scheme you've got going in Romania.  Here in the us, the small government people mean less law enforcement of financial crimes..and more giant government fists all up the uterus. They want more police, and less latinos.

Quote:Treat people fairly and not based on what their skin looks like. I don't need to embrace all these radical theories that by their very nature cannot possibly achieve their stated goal anyway.

EDIT: It's also not enough to claim that something is racist or promotes white supremacism, you have to show it too and this progressive ideology is way too quick to expand the definition of racism to something we don't commonly think of as racist or to look for racism where none exists.

Is black supremacy a problem as well? How about female supremacy or Native American supremacy or do they get a pass just because... reasons?
It's plenty enough.  I can see you spooling up the hate engine.  Nevermind.   Fuck you, lost cause. It's interesting to see how our spent propaganda has a second life inside the mind of a random romanian, I suppose, but beyond that, meh. I'm still a some will some wont so what guy - and you appear to want to argue to me that the pillars of white supremacy are true. So lets ignore the fact that you're a bigot blurb generator and focus on how you're just plain wrong about things?

CRT isnt a problem, there is no radical or far left in the us to have an agenda, and white supremacy is an organizing principle of our institutions and politics.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by T.J. - December 4, 2021 at 7:42 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Jehanne - December 4, 2021 at 8:26 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Fireball - December 4, 2021 at 9:53 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by AFTT47 - December 4, 2021 at 9:23 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by brewer - December 4, 2021 at 9:59 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Foxaèr - December 4, 2021 at 10:09 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by onlinebiker - December 4, 2021 at 11:20 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by T.J. - December 5, 2021 at 7:44 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by brewer - December 5, 2021 at 9:38 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Ahriman - December 5, 2021 at 9:09 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Ravenshire - December 11, 2021 at 5:22 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Brian37 - December 6, 2021 at 12:36 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Ranjr - December 6, 2021 at 1:43 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Jehanne - December 6, 2021 at 10:34 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Fireball - December 6, 2021 at 11:02 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Jehanne - December 6, 2021 at 11:27 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 7, 2021 at 6:44 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by albatross - December 7, 2021 at 9:25 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Ahriman - December 7, 2021 at 9:36 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Angrboda - December 7, 2021 at 10:02 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by albatross - December 7, 2021 at 9:59 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 7, 2021 at 10:28 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Angrboda - December 7, 2021 at 10:39 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 7, 2021 at 8:33 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 8, 2021 at 9:16 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by The Grand Nudger - December 8, 2021 at 3:04 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 8, 2021 at 11:20 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 8, 2021 at 1:26 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 8, 2021 at 2:43 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 8, 2021 at 4:12 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 8, 2021 at 4:41 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 8, 2021 at 5:22 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 8, 2021 at 5:41 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 8, 2021 at 6:04 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 9, 2021 at 7:32 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 9, 2021 at 7:47 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 9, 2021 at 9:13 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 9, 2021 at 8:58 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 9, 2021 at 9:44 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 9, 2021 at 10:05 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 9, 2021 at 10:17 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 9, 2021 at 10:59 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by ToTheMoon - December 9, 2021 at 11:11 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Ahriman - December 9, 2021 at 12:07 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Ahriman - December 9, 2021 at 12:18 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by WinterHold - December 10, 2021 at 8:55 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Belacqua - December 10, 2021 at 9:24 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Ahriman - December 10, 2021 at 9:43 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by WinterHold - December 10, 2021 at 2:02 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Ahriman - December 10, 2021 at 9:23 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Ahriman - December 10, 2021 at 9:56 am
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Aegon - December 10, 2021 at 12:37 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by WinterHold - December 10, 2021 at 2:36 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by WinterHold - December 10, 2021 at 3:03 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Spongebob - January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Spongebob - January 10, 2022 at 1:46 pm
RE: Can America ever truly pay for its sins? - by Spongebob - January 10, 2022 at 3:01 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3963 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 7624 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Can Japan Ever Truly Pay for it' s Sins? onlinebiker 29 1202 December 7, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3157 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1156 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Make America Nice Again Secular Elf 53 3921 November 9, 2020 at 6:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 849 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  [Serious] The Mental Illness Crisis in America T.J. 9 1150 August 19, 2019 at 12:03 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Equal pay for women's soccer or no Fed funding bill brewer 55 4897 August 4, 2019 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anyone Else in America See Your Taxes Go Up? DeistPaladin 17 2371 April 12, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants