Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 12:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explanation Required by the 12 guys? + the secret.
RE: Explanation Required by the 12 guys? + the secret.
(December 10, 2021 at 7:33 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(December 10, 2021 at 4:23 pm)Ferrocyanide Wrote: But is it wise to do that?
No, it isn't. It is a mere traditional narrative tradition.

Roger.

Quote:They didn't have paper. It had not yet been invented at the time.

What did they write on? Papyrus? Goat skins? Clay?
From what I have seen, what has survived is papyrus but these aren’t the originals. They are all copies of copies.
What has survived is in poor condition. Portions have degraded away.

Quote:Read that again and tell me it is anywhere near sane.

I am only speaking in terms of possibilities. Let’s list the possibilities:
1. Jesus is the son of god and all that. The jewish god is omniscient and omnipotent. This means that he knows of better solution than to write on fragile papyrus, clay, goats or some animal.
Why would he make the choice to have his holy words, his holy story be written on such materials when he can choose something that would remain intact forever?
Yes, Jesus can even time travel and can pick up whatever technology from the future and take it back to his 1 st century and give it to the guys.

2. Jesus is the son of god and all that. He doesn’t care what the holy story is written on, whether the story gets degraded, distorted.
My opinion: That would be a bizarre attitude for a god.

3. Jesus is just an ordinary human. His guys just used whatever tools were available at the time and eventually, that cult succeeded in surviving.

I would go with #3, since that makes the most sense. It fits with the world I observe.
The theist would have to explain to me how his version makes sense.

Quote:Are you fucking serious?

I’m not sure if I upset you or what.
Yes, I am serious. You can look at it yourself.
Also, when I wrote Mormon guy, I meant Moroni.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Explanation Required by the 12 guys? + the secret. - by Ferrocyanide - December 11, 2021 at 12:09 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolutionary explanation of religion cyber_freddy 33 2733 December 25, 2020 at 6:52 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 814 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  You guys are right. Mystic 54 8158 February 5, 2018 at 10:30 am
Last Post: haig
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, vaahaa 19 2832 September 18, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Maybe you guys are mixing religion with God Fk789 36 3362 November 1, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Secret Ceremonies (book) vodkafan 1 981 August 19, 2014 at 9:34 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Aren't fundamentalists the 'good' guys? Dystopia 16 3364 August 4, 2014 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Possible explanation of supernatural religious visitations BlackMason 15 4244 May 13, 2014 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Confused Ape
  A rational explanation for hell? Ace Otana 265 117512 January 26, 2014 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - thunderhulk 30 7880 December 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72