Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 11:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist
RE: If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist
(June 12, 2023 at 11:06 am)emjay Wrote:
(June 12, 2023 at 10:16 am)R-Farmer Wrote: And if God is not an omni everything... But Rather an Alpha and Omega Which means he has the power authority and ability to limit Himself if His will so desires it?

This is another new one on me. Is that what you believe?
Yes the God of the Bible never once self identifies as omni everything God. but Does self identify as the Alpha and Omega.' The beginning and end to all things. This description describes a God so powerful He can simply call creation into being and has the power and authority to end it all. meaning nothing in this universe has the power or authority to stop him. Making God's will is supreme attribute not his omni everything ability. This also answers the age old question Can god create a rock so big He can not lift it? No matter what the omni everything God does he finds himself in a paradox.. But the God of the Bible being the alpha and Omega can in fact create a rock so big He can not lift it if He wants or Can't if He doesn't want to. As again His will harnesses and limits his power so that He can accomplish anything He desires to.

Quote:And in this conception of God would he be able to permanently limit himself or just temporarily?
Let's say, you love peach cobbler. You love it so much you would eat it everyday every meal so long as you lived.. Now let's say you had the will power to make peach cobble a 'sometimes' food. (only on special occasions.) Now do you have the ability to make this discipline a permeant or temporary change? why would God be limited to one or the other is you yourself are not?

Quote: If I was god I'd certainly want to turn off omniscience from time to time, just to stop with all the spoilers in my entertainment Wink But as to permanent limitations... ie god giving up his powers... that would make an interesting and thought-provoking story, and it to some extent did in Superman 2, when he walked into that machine and gave up his powers.
[/quote]
funny you said that.. when I started reading I thought of the exact same thing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist - by R-Farmer - June 12, 2023 at 12:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 370 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 133 16731 December 16, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1360 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 14 1579 November 11, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? Greatest I am 21 2209 February 9, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 1028 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2387 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2621 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12452 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  So, why doesn't Scripture uniquely endorse a specific denomination ? vorlon13 36 10717 November 22, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Cod