Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Attenborough
David Attenborough
On revealing that he receives hate mail from viewers for failing to credit God in his documentaries:

"They tell me to burn in hell and good riddance ... they always mean beautiful things like hummingbirds. I always reply by saying that I think of a little child in east Africa with a worm burrowing through his eyeball. The worm cannot live in any other way, except by burrowing through eyeballs. I find that hard to reconcile with the notion of a divine and benevolent creator."

On his opposition to creationism:

"It's like saying that two and two equals four, but if you wish to believe it, it could also be five ... Evolution is not a theory; it is a fact, every bit as much as the historical fact that William the Conqueror landed in 1066."

On his early views of religion:

"It never really occurred to me to believe in God - and I had nothing to rebel against, my parents told me nothing whatsoever. But I do remember looking at my headmaster delivering a sermon, a classicist, extremely clever ... and thinking, he can't really believe all that, can he? How incredible!"

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
RE: David Attenborough
Didn't really know he was a atheist. But it doesn't suprise me.

Great quotesSmile
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  David Ogen Stiers Dies vorlon13 9 910 March 5, 2018 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Promised Land (1972) by David A. Hess Aractus 0 534 October 7, 2015 at 7:12 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Nibiru and Doomsday 2012 - Questions and Answers with David Morrison (NASA) Justtristo 6 4438 April 15, 2011 at 10:01 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  David Tennant with an American Accent Eilonnwy 3 3886 August 20, 2010 at 11:36 am
Last Post: The Omnissiunt One