Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metaphor For Christianity
Metaphor For Christianity
Imagine you walk intoa room in an old house where there are antique chairs and furniture, an old fireplace with an xpensive clockabove it and ornaments onthe wooden tables.

Then whenyou examine things youfind it is all hollow, made of paper or cardboard. The expensive ornaments are just made of paper. The paintings on the walls you think are expensives paintings you find are just paper posters and the frames are cardboard. The walls you think are made of stone are hollow and cardboard you then find.

This is what Christianity is like. It sounds good when you hear about in Sunbday school but when yoiu learn more about it and study you find it is all hollow. The mythology is ridiculous, has no basis in reality. The morals from the Bible are despicacle and not what they taught you. The God of the Bible is a cruel monster, ther eis no evidence Jesus even existed, amd Christianity has been a force for destruction and evil across the world not good.

RE: Metaphor For Christianity
Whats the point of religion if not to control people with their ambitions and hopes? Of course its man made. Just hold up a bible and you will see right there that it is man made.

God didnt write the words into that book..men did...and now machines do it.
I don't begrudge Christians their illusions as they pertain to comfort. It may be hollow (I would use the word shallow when it comes to comfort), but it is tangible to them. It is the projection of their beliefs onto other people that bothers me.
(December 18, 2011 at 12:59 pm)Shell B Wrote: I don't begrudge Christians there illusions as they pertain to comfort. It may be hollow (I would use the word shallow when it comes to comfort), but it is tangible to them. It is the projection of their beliefs onto other people that bothers me.

I don't believe the 2 things are in any way separable with Christianity.
Its part of the Christian religion to force your beliefs on other people at least if you follow the Bible in any way.

I'm not a "No true Christian" proponent. If a person identifies as Christian, they are Christian. Whether they follow the Bible is irrelevant to me. In fact, I have never met a Christian who follows the Bible. I have, however, met Christians who do not force their beliefs on others. They share them, but are not forceful. Unfortunately, I am talking about the minority here and only my experience with these people. For all I know, they leave my presence and go protest at military funerals.
So...petty criminals. Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 18, 2011 at 2:12 pm)Xavier Wrote:
(December 18, 2011 at 12:59 pm)Shell B Wrote:

I don't believe the 2 things are in any way separable with Christianity.
Its part of the Christian religion to force your beliefs on other people at least if you follow the Bible in any way.

Show me one verse where Christ mandates we are to force our beliefs on anyone.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Mark 16:

Quote: 15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Of course these particular lines of shit are add-ons to your "inerrant fucking bible." They do not appear in the earliest extant versions and so were tacked on centuries later to make "Mark" conform to the rest of your happy horseshit.
(December 18, 2011 at 2:16 pm)Shell B Wrote: I'm not a "No true Christian" proponent. If a person identifies as Christian, they are Christian. Whether they follow the Bible is irrelevant to me. In fact, I have never met a Christian who follows the Bible. I have, however, met Christians who do not force their beliefs on others. They share them, but are not forceful. Unfortunately, I am talking about the minority here and only my experience with these people. For all I know, they leave my presence and go protest at military funerals.

Why should a person who says they are a christian actually be a christian, isn't that like someone saying they are a biologist and never have studied biology. Would you not soon see them for a fraud. Thanks for recognizing that all christians do not push their beliefs but share them. It's unlikely that christians who have respect and do not push their beliefs on others would turn around and then do just that in a public setting.
(December 18, 2011 at 10:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Mark 16:

Quote: 15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Of course these particular lines of shit are add-ons to your "inerrant fucking bible." They do not appear in the earliest extant versions and so were tacked on centuries later to make "Mark" conform to the rest of your happy horseshit.

I know there have been verses added to scripture later own, they however are few. Those particular verses did not say anything about forcing Christ on anyone.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
WHAT!?!?!?! God allowed humans to tamper with his innerant word?!?!?!

...you admit this and STILL believe that bullshit Bible?

Zero respect from me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6809 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8505 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Re; Genesis as Metaphor Mr Greene 22 4103 December 23, 2013 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18329 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)