Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spare your hypothesis!
Spare your hypothesis!
I am not sure if this is right sub forums for this thread, so..

This forums are about to spare your hypothesis in which will be experiment, analyze, observe, to confirm if the hypothesis is true or false.

For example, my hypothesis:
Quote:Damage/Thermal energy/Kinetic energy adsorbing material -

An accord of Thermodynamics, it is possible to transfer the thermal [heat] energy through by contact of between 2 materials [Transferring thermal energy from hot material to cold material]. Thermal energy is an result of material's energy resistance. If material don't have or less energy resistance, therefore less thermal energy [conversion from thermal energy to electric energy]. The technology of superconductivity can reduce any normal conductive materials' or certain alloys' energy resistance near nonexistence. Massive kinetic/thermal energy often result the phrase of solid material to liquid material. If the technology of superconductivity can prevent the phrase of solid to liquid, then we can produce the certain material as an armor near-immune to thermal energy, kinetic energy and possibly damage. If we apply continuous flow of Liquid Nitrogen through the rowed pipes within the superconductor material to keep the material remaining in state of superconductivity [near absolute zero]. Therefore, any form of Thermal/Kinetic energy against the hull of superconductor armor, will be adsorbed into superconductor. The remaining energy will transfer to Liquid Nitrogen, so cryonic generators [or Thermocouples] will sort the energy out.

Requirements: superconductive material must be ductile at near absolute zero.
Physic formula: Yeah, I'm still self-learning the physics of Thermodynamics, so I can experiment my hypothesis.

You get the idea.
RE: Spare your hypothesis!
Amount of energy required and thus size and practicality as a weapons platform assuming that said material is possible to manufacture?

(a common question for DOD contractors)

I once put forward the idea (as part of a DOD contracting firm) that it would be possible to distill compounds obtained from some very ubiquitous weeds that grow in N. America and disperse them via aerosol based warheads over potentially hostile areas at night, revelaing (in a hilarious way) under daylight who was breaking curfew. I was informed that my choice of active ingredient had some effects I wasn't aware of (I've since wondered why they were aware of them..lol) that would be pretty much terrible, and that such a system constituted a chemical weapon which violated a few key conventions of war. Ah well, could have been somebody.

Giant Hogweed btw, check out the effects of contact and then imagine the possibilities.....

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
While absorbing thermal energy through contact with a super cooled surface seems wise, it isn't, as there is still an area of which a differential amount of heat must flow through, thus the point of contact can and will be magnitudes higher.

It would never work even if all the projectiles were molten copper formed from an Iraqi IED.

That's the immediate failure point to me.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(December 21, 2011 at 3:02 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: While absorbing thermal energy through contact with a super cooled surface seems wise, it isn't, as there is still an area of which a differential amount of heat must flow through, thus the point of contact can and will be magnitudes higher.

It would never work even if all the projectiles were molten copper formed from an Iraqi IED.

That's the immediate failure point to me.

But if we apply Seebeck effect
- to the material, the thermal energy could naturally converted to electric energy. I think the superconductivity could greatly increase the efficient of Seebeck effect.

To address the greater magnitudes of thermal energy, we could increase the flow of LN to superconductivity like, 1200 cycles per second?

The kinetic energy of bullets managed to penetrate the modern armor just because the kinetic energy converted into thermal energy in the moment of bullet contacted the target [like hot knife through butter]. I think it's possible for superconductivity to absorb and convert all of thermal energy to electric energy if superconductivity remained super cooled.

Pure Number - the universe is counting. Everything else is the count interfering with itself. Big Grin
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
Dark Energy is responsible for time.

Now where's my Noble Peace Prize? Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have a hypothesis on how computers could gain sentience Won2blv 21 6466 March 26, 2017 at 8:08 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia