Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demographics of Christianity in Our Lifetime?
Demographics of Christianity in Our Lifetime?
Do you think that Christianity will continue to decline in our lifetime and beyond?

I see there being less and less people who are relgious, as theres a much higher percentage of older people who believe in it, and less young people.

I see it as gradually declining in the next century.

As scientific knowledge and technology increases its natural for religion to decline.
RE: Demographics of Christianity in Our Lifetime?
Quote:Do you think that Christianity will continue to decline in our lifetime and beyond?

In affluent nations,probably. UNLESS there is a major global catastrophe of some kind ,such as a major pandemic (possible) or a world depression, lasting decades. (likely).

This is of course academic. I simply hope things do not reach the point of severe personal inconvenience in my lifetime. I honestly could not care less if "apres moi,le deluge".Tiger
RE: Demographics of Christianity in Our Lifetime?
I think you're probably right.... it might be a biased opinion, but I think christianity seems to be failing to add up in a society where we know so much more about how awesome the universe really is. Until religion accepts well known facts about science (big bang, evolution, etc.), people will hard time justifying faith in something that continually fails to explain anything at all, while science brings more and more technological wonders and fascinating explanations for the phenomena of the cosmos. There will always be the holdouts, but the numbers will continue to dwindle.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6773 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8494 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18299 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Writings during the lifetime of Jesus? Gambit 125 39747 August 7, 2012 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Napoléon