Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best game/s of 2011
Question 
Best game/s of 2011
So we are thoroughly into 2012 now, looking back at 2011 it hasn't been a bad year of gaming.

What games get the vote as best of year?

For me it's a toss up between one of my most anticipated games ever (Skyrim) and a game which I really didn't see coming (Batman: Arkham City).

Thoughts?
RE: Best game/s of 2011
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
Cunt
Hmm, never been a Zelda fan.
It is one of these thing that you either haven't really gotten into or have to masturbate to it daily.
Cunt
Batman: Arkham City. Sadly much better than Assassins Creed Revelations.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(January 6, 2012 at 5:42 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: Batman: Arkham City. Sadly much better than Assassins Creed Revelations.

Not sadly... It is BATMAN!!! Of course it was going to be better Wink

ACR was fine... Gameplay was still there, but the story was lacking.
Cunt
There's a few I haven't played yet like Zelda and Portal 2. Right now I am inclined to say it's Arkham City simply because when you compare it to games like Skyrim and Battlefield 3, it is a programming marvel. So far it has been bug free and has a level of polish on it that Bethesda only dreams about. If Skyrim or BF 3 were programmed as well as Arkham City, either one would be my favorite hands down.

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 6, 2012 at 5:26 pm)frankiej Wrote: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
Zelda? Hasn't that video game series become overrated and gimmicky?

Nintendo - Where's my fucking Earthbound/Mother trilogy on the 3DS? Do you want my money or not? You bastards.
Portal 2, Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim.
Assassins creed for me died after I played AC2. Gameplay wise it is pretty fun, but ACB and ACR look exactly the god damn same gameplay wise. Story wise, I don't feel connected to the story whatsoever, and honestly could not give a shit about finding out the 'ending' if there even is one. I found it highly confusing and pointless as fuck. The characters were thoroughly boring, and to be honest I really just struggled to care about the story.

Now I've never been a Batman fan, but playing Arkham City has made me one. Gameplay is fucking awesome and it doesn't skimp on storytelling one bit. It brought to life the world of Batman like nothing else I've seen, even the recent Batman films aren't as good at putting you into that world.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best game EVER!!!!!! (maybe) Gooders1002 11 3254 February 23, 2014 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  BEST GAME EVER! Napoléon 2 1737 March 30, 2012 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Napoléon