Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sims
The Sims
I recently started playing the Sims 3 again.

Does anyone else remember when the franchise come out?
And what are you thoughts on the game?

The Sims has to be my favorite franchise of all time.

Growing up, I loved building and designing things. When I found out about a game you can build houses, and create all sorts of neat things, I fell in love.

All I do is build houses Tongue
I'll upload pics of some sooner or later.

I'm currently going to school for Geomatics, which is land surveying and mapping, and I've taken a few drafting classes, which have helped me build and manipulate my designs so much better Smile

Feel free to post pics or anything else Wink

Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
RE: The Sims
As I remember the first Sims game came out in 1999 or 2000, The Sims 2 came out in late 2004 and The Sims 3 in 2009. I enjoyed both the first and second Sims games. However I have not had the chance to play The Sims 3 as of yet.
undefined
(January 29, 2012 at 8:38 pm)Justtristo Wrote: As I remember the first Sims game came out in 1999 or 2000, The Sims 2 came out in late 2004 and The Sims 3 in 2009. I enjoyed both the first and second Sims games. However I have not had the chance to play The Sims 3 as of yet.

My favorite Sim game was The Sims Bustin' Out for Gamecube.
I had seen and known about the Sims for awhile from a friend, and got the Sims original a while later. I remember when I was at Wal-mart just looking at the games, I saw The Sims Bustin' Out and that was the first I ever even heard or seen the game, and I have enough to buy it.

I still think that one is my favorite, because that is the first Sims game I actually played the story and liked. The other ones I did not like, so now all I do is build houses that's it Smile
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
You've inspired me to re-install Sims 2 on my pc.

See you all in a couple of months! Tongue
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
I had to stop playing the game because I started imagining a green jewel above my head. I would also visualize my guages and imagine my thoughts in simspeak to express myself. I wished that I had the ability to speed time up so I could warp through crappy days at work. Brenan tah! Imbriglicated sah fah chah! Oops wrong game.
Hmmm, the game seemed a little to much like a digital doll house with digital dolls to me. If they can allow they player to control the doll while it do more interesting things, like driving race cars, flying air planes, blowing things up.. Uhm, It would be more interesting to me.
(January 29, 2012 at 10:34 pm)Chuck Wrote: Hmmm, the game seemed a little to much like a digital doll house with digital dolls to me. If they can allow they player to control the doll while it do more interesting things, like driving race cars, flying air planes, blowing things up.. Uhm, It would be more interesting to me.

Would you be interested to know that you can purposely kill them? Although, the only ways you can is by drowning them, letting them starve, letting them burn, and letting them get electrocuted. Or you can let them die of old age, but that's too boring(unless you use this cheat in which you age them before they do so "naturally").
Of course, I'm talking about the Sims 3. I haven't played the first two versions in years.
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Here Play the Sims Games? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 5 1202 July 23, 2015 at 5:26 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Sims 2 with all addons for free StuW 14 4437 July 25, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Nine