Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you know how you feel?
How do you know how you feel?
I usually have problems knowing how I feel. I don't know whether I feel good or bad most of the time, and when I do know, I still don't know HOW I know.

How do you know how you're feeling?
RE: How do you know how you feel?
I think we tend to have a figure background of reference, with a spectrum of bad to good between the two poles. But it is an interesting question when we apply it to happy versus unhappy, because there we seem to be less able to refer to an accurate point of reference, which seems to suggest it may always be shifting.
Trying to update my sig ...
I assume I'm happy unless I have evidence to the contrary..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Good, but why not assume the reverse? That you're sad unless you have evidence to the contrary?
I think the bodily systems which give rise to our feeling states are probably unable to present reasoned arguments for their validity or to answer questions regarding access. God help us, feelings may be a matter of faith from the point of view of our rational minds. Naturally we will hate that but how do we feel about it? Maybe it is just a different way of knowing, one that is irreducible to words and hence immune to logic and creeds.

I'm not really that good at recognizing feelings, though I try. I pretty much lead with my head but am looking to diversify my investment to include more feeling and sensory awareness. Intuition and thinking are fine but one hates to be uni-dimensional.
(January 30, 2012 at 9:28 am)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: I usually have problems knowing how I feel. I don't know whether I feel good or bad most of the time, and when I do know, I still don't know HOW I know.

How do you know how you're feeling?

I know that feel bro
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Feel like you may be over-thinking it. Relax, man.
Well, currently you are feeling uncertain about your own feelings. There ya go.
[Image: sig3-2.jpg]
How do you know? How don't you know?

Geesh. When you smile, you are happy, when you don't look someone in the eye, you are afraid or sad. Listen to your body, are your muscles tensed up? Then you're afraid. If you want to hug everyone in the world, you're very very happy. If you're humming a song, you're happy. If you don't want to get out of bed and face the world, you are sad/tired.
That feel when no gf.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3670 201068 Today at 4:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1098 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Do you feel loved? Cod 46 3092 October 16, 2019 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Cod
  How do you honestly feel about younger people complaining about being old? Foxaèr 30 4969 May 6, 2018 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 5973 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I know something you don't know... Jackalope 98 17436 April 22, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Ever feel like you don't belong in this world? Foxaèr 44 4817 April 3, 2018 at 5:48 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Just out of curiosity, does this song make you feel uncomfortable? orthodox-man 7 1055 February 23, 2018 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does Anyone Else Ever Feel Like This...? Edwardo Piet 14 2247 November 17, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty? Edwardo Piet 21 2152 October 14, 2017 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet