Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you feel loved?
Do you feel loved?
I know everyone here really loves me Smile but in real life it's lacking.

My question is... Do you feel loved in RL... And how does it feel knowing that?
RE: Do you feel loved?
I love Boss Lady, and she loves me. If she didn't she'd have dumped me on some back country road years ago.
Nope. I'm unworthy.
I do feel loved.  Puzzled by it (I married up), but definitely loved.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Yes, I feel loved IRL. It's good to know, I guess.

Though, there have been a few times when I wondered about some people. I kept busy enough and genuinely liked myself enough to feel okay about it though.
Of course, it turned out I really was loved after all.

So they say.
[Image: giphy12.gif]

Anyhow, point is: The show goes on, regardless of whether I'm loved or not.
I like and appreciate being loved, but being loved really isn't one of my primary goals in life. I guess I'd say that the pursuit of achieving higher consciousness and giving love outranks receiving love in terms of giving my life meaning and purpose.

I'm a weirdo though, so whatever.
Yeah, in my case, a bit too much love actually for someone who isn't exactly the most responsible adult on this planet.
My wife keeps me in line, which is how she expresses love.
It feels good... but it's one of those things that people often take for granted until it isn't there. I have a lot of support and love from friends, family and loved ones, which is nice.

However, it doesn't make life perfect, nor does it really solve anything except for making you feel good, which shouldn't be dismissed as anything trivial. Feeling good makes for a better life; it's pretty tough to get through life if you're miserable, angry and/or sad every single day. Then again, being loved may not even help these things.

I try to remind myself of five things I'm grateful for every single day - family and/or loved ones often make this list, even though I'm not super close with my family.

For example, my list for what I'm grateful for today was:

My laptop
I have a bed to sleep on
I have a place to take a hot shower
I am healthy
I am free

It doesn't have to be some profound list, even little silly things to remind you why life is good. My family and the love and support they give me often makes the list. It's an important thing for me to remind myself of! I suggest this to everyone.

@Cod

Even if it doesn't seem like it, there are probably people in your life who care about you. Sometimes we convince ourselves that no one cares or that we're alone, but usually we aren't. Are you sure you're maybe not overlooking someone?
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
No.
Dying to live, living to die.
Very much so.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you honestly feel about younger people complaining about being old? Foxaèr 30 4950 May 6, 2018 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  You once loved it, but now... c172 38 5230 April 21, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Ever feel like you don't belong in this world? Foxaèr 44 4806 April 3, 2018 at 5:48 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Just out of curiosity, does this song make you feel uncomfortable? orthodox-man 7 1050 February 23, 2018 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does Anyone Else Ever Feel Like This...? Edwardo Piet 14 2241 November 17, 2017 at 10:32 am
  Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty? Edwardo Piet 21 2142 October 14, 2017 at 9:16 pm
  When A Loved One Hass Alzheimer's Rhondazvous 18 2316 April 29, 2017 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Talkativeness and Rambling... how do you feel about it? Edwardo Piet 29 1844 February 8, 2017 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Anyone else start to feel like they're going insane when they get tired? EruptedCarcassBloat 9 1528 October 11, 2016 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Happy Fther's Day to the AF Men Whom I've Loved So Much Rhondazvous 4 1077 June 19, 2016 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Alex K