Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YEC'ers ask Darwinism: it was all in the family?
YEC'ers ask Darwinism: it was all in the family?
One of my guilty pleasures is reading through the articles on the Creation Ministries (CMI) website and going to the occasional seminars they hold in my part of the world. I am looking forward to a CMI event with Jonathan Sarfati speaking being held in Melbourne in April.

However articles like this makes me wonder what they are smoking. Because I want what they are smoking.

http://creation.com/darwinism-it-was-all-in-the-family
undefined
RE: YEC'ers ask Darwinism: it was all in the family?
Sorry Trist...couldn't bring myself to read it all...

but what I did read lead me to think..Oh Their Gay God!!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 2, 2012 at 5:25 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Sorry Trist...couldn't bring myself to read it all...

but what I did read lead me to think..Oh Their Gay God!!

These articles aren't for the sane, you need to be a little unhinged like me in order to enjoy their borderline poe quality.
undefined
And this means that Evolution is not true?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Of course. Charles Darwin just made up the idea of evolution in order to turn people away from God. Haven't you been keeping up?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I've never understood why certain Christians absolutely cannot reconcile evolution with their fatith while others seem to have no problem doing so. In that last paragraph they even call it an 'anti-God' theory.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I think they are trying to say that the Darwin family was..I dont know...genteically atheist, and the wanted to spread that atheism with evolution?

CMI has always been three sheets to the right of http://www.conservapedia.com anyways.
(February 2, 2012 at 3:41 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I've never understood why certain Christians absolutely cannot reconcile evolution with their fatith while others seem to have no problem doing so. In that last paragraph they even call it an 'anti-God' theory.

I can understand why, especially when you think about the philosophical consequences of evolution by natural selection. Especially the challenge evolution has brought to Biblical Christianity, which believes humans were somehow a special creation of god separate from the rest of creation.

Also some biblical Christians take a very literal view of Genesis where humans are portrayed as being "morally perfect" and either spiritually and/or physically immortal. According to this viewpoint death only enters into humanity and land dwelling vertebrates (along with sea mammals) after the fall.

However the reality is that we are just another species of animal and our evolutionary history influences things like morality and so forth. So I fully agree with Richard Dawkins that the publication of the Origin of the Species made it possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist.
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For our 2012'ers KichigaiNeko 9 4003 December 21, 2012 at 8:48 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Confronting Friends and Family thesummerqueen 122 36028 December 3, 2012 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  What of mediums who somehow know family secrets? mavis 6 2833 March 12, 2012 at 6:56 am
Last Post: NoMoreFaith