Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bishop and the beaver... Smells fishy!
The bishop and the beaver... Smells fishy!
[Image: jleA.jpg]

The question was raised by the Bishop of Quebec where beaver flesh was a part of the indigenous peoples' diet. Because of this ruling, the prohibition of meat on Fridays during Lent did not apply to beaver meat.

Wikipedia
RE: The bishop and the beaver... Smells fishy!
That's a fine ass Smile

Stupid bishop.. Angry
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
something needs to get spanked around here.
Meat is animal flesh... How is fish not meat in the first place? Undecided
(February 14, 2012 at 12:12 am)Tempus Wrote: Meat is animal flesh... How is fish not meat in the first place? Undecided

It's a Jewish thing: then you can charge more for the meat. Tongue Even if it's from other Jews. No, especially if it's from other Jews. Tongue
I think they justify it because the fish was the symbol for Jesus for many years before the cross became the official symbol of Christianity.

Thanks for reminding me that "fish on Friday" season is almost upon us again. I know my wife will probably be insistent that we don't eat meat on Fridays again. I even got her to admit that the whole "no meat on Friday" business was silly, but she still goes along with it. I think she's just afraid to give up those old traditions.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Unless you don't like fish there is nothing wrong with that. Fish does have some advantages over other meats, like omega 3, so mixing it up occasionally is not a bad thing imho.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I try to eat fish at least once a week. All the other times it's meat meat meat. Smile
I just don't like others dictating to me what I should or should not eat based on ancient superstition. If it's a doctor, then fine. But don't tell me that your magical sky daddy disapproves.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(February 14, 2012 at 12:46 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: Unless you don't like fish there is nothing wrong with that. Fish does have some advantages over other meats, like omega 3, so mixing it up occasionally is not a bad thing imho.

Absolutely! Fish contains dozens of excellent minerals and other difficultly named itty bitties. Very good for you. In fact eating fish 3 out of 7 days is much healthier than 1 out of 7. And we had better get used to eating much more fish, much more often, because meat will become to expensive to eat everyday.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bishop setting up group to fight off 'evil forces' and recite prayers of exorcism Marozz 14 2584 October 11, 2018 at 5:19 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  "Abused" Arch Bishop ready to "forgive" KichigaiNeko 10 3080 September 13, 2011 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused