Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your opinion of Budhism?
Whats your opinion of Budhism?
I see there is a lots of opinions on monotheism but I don't hear much on Buddhism. Why is that? Do you aprove of Buddhism? Do you like it better than monotheism? What do you think about its beliefs?

As an Omnist I see some truth in it like I see some truth in most of the religions.

Thanks
RE: Whats your opinion of Budhism?
(February 19, 2012 at 3:05 pm)Pel Wrote: I see some truth in most of the religions.

The bits that say 'dont kill people' or the bits that say theres an invisible tyrant in the sky?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Buddhists are know it all pseudo-intellectual shitheads. I am also being overly generous with my appraisal too.
(February 19, 2012 at 3:14 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(February 19, 2012 at 3:05 pm)Pel Wrote: I see some truth in most of the religions.

The bits that say 'dont kill people' or the bits that say theres an invisible tyrant in the sky?

The parts of Buddhism that talk about ethics for lay followers is what I agree with. I will give you an example. In a book called being good by Hsing Yun I read under anger that it is evil to return anger for anger and that is always better not to get angry. But I believe in God so I can't be the Bhudist. I also disagree with their monastic rules for monks and nuns.

Also have you thought that if there beliefs on reincarnation are true that we have all had sex with our siblings, parents, children and everyone else countless times in the past since Buddhists claim that our conciousness has no begining and stuff like everyone was your mother. That means that that mother was also you lover in your past lives. This is something I don't think God would do to us so I don't believe in reincarnation, but I do believe in some sort of karma in this life.

Thanks

My opinion on Buddhism is that it is spelt with two d's.
(February 19, 2012 at 4:05 pm)Forsaken Wrote: My opinion on Buddhism is that it is spelt with two d's.

Forsaken, why aren't you happy with one d? I find one d sufficient.

Thanks
The difference between two d's and one d:

[Image: epic-boobs-lesbian-demotivational-p.jpg]

and

[Image: original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1]

Both are still amazing, but worse back problems win in this case Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats up with the Jews? ThortheMighty 26 3837 February 27, 2017 at 12:05 am
Last Post: Fireball
  What's your opinion on deism and pantheism? Dystopia 2 1207 August 1, 2014 at 7:08 am
Last Post: vodkafan
  whats your opinion of Deism? Ervin 66 30556 September 6, 2011 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Cinjin