Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinosaurs' Super-Sized Fleas.....
Dinosaurs' Super-Sized Fleas.....
Yikes..... evolution in action to the everlasting annoyance of creationist assholes.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2...-ones.html

Quote:Engel and his co-authors studied nine flea specimens from two sites: the 165-million-year-old Jurassic deposits in Daohugou and the 125-million-year-old Cretaceous strata at Huangbanjigou, both in China. The insects were not quite like fleas as we now know them. Whereas modern fleas range from 1 to 10 millimetres in length, the Jurassic and Cretaceous species were between 8 and 21 millimetres. "These were hefty insects as far as fleas are concerned," says Engel.

I wonder how dinosaurs scratched their balls?
RE: Dinosaurs' Super-Sized Fleas.....
Server not found Sad
a flea an inch long!
Higher levels of oxygen in the atmosphere translated to higher levels of oxygen in the bloodstream (thus lessening the difficulty in getting oxygen to large structures allowing for bigger and bigger creatures).

Another fun one, high concentrations of gasses like methane also made thunderstorms massive pyrotechnic displays. Lightning could literally set the air on fire.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Oops, sorry. Fixed the link.
(March 1, 2012 at 2:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Oops, sorry. Fixed the link.

Thanks Smile
(March 1, 2012 at 1:29 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Higher levels of oxygen in the atmosphere translated to higher levels of oxygen in the bloodstream (thus lessening the difficulty in getting oxygen to large structures allowing for bigger and bigger creatures).

Another fun one, high concentrations of gasses like methane also made thunderstorms massive pyrotechnic displays. Lightning could literally set the air on fire.

Hmmm, but the mesozoic age when dinosaurs flurished is characterized by dramatically lower atmospheric oxygen levels, and higher carbon dioxide levels than what we see now.

If fact, dinosaurs had bird like throughflow respiratory systems that were much more efficient in extract oxygen and getting rid of CO2 than mammalian bellow lungs. Many paleotologists think it was dinosaurs' superior ability to function in a low oxygen environment that allowed them to displace primitive mammals that had been dominant before.

Was speaking generally in the case of the giant bugs of distant prehistory. However......these fleas would be a sticky issue in the timeframe they were placed in, if they weren't fleas, benefiting from whatever adaptation their hosts were benefiting from. Wink
(I omitted the word "once" in my post...typos kill, thx for picking that up. Wouldn't want our resident creationists pouncing.)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Continent Haipule 75 10250 January 17, 2018 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If an Asteroid wiped out the Dinosaurs how did Evolution continue? Oliver1990 30 10999 July 10, 2013 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Asteroid killed off the Dinosaurs, confirmed. Napoléon 43 16319 March 16, 2013 at 11:15 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Dinosaurs and Man ScienceLovesGod 182 104057 June 13, 2012 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Dinosaurs Weren't in the Bible...They Never Even Existed. thesummerqueen 258 93753 January 16, 2012 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Jackalope