Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all (long winded)
Hi all (long winded)
My handle is Everyman's Prey. It's something based on the history of my family. Because of some bad luck a few centuries ago my ancestors were labelled everyman's prey. Don't be fooled though they were by no means wimps.

Anyway I'm not atheist. What I believe isn't a mainstream belief system. I'm not here to convert or preach. I'm here to just explore what Atheism is offering the market place of ideas that is modern society. I'm not here to debate the existence of a supreme being. I've yet to see a discussion on the subject that doesn't seem to gradually degenerate into something very childism and intellectually low. I also think it's a dead horse that needs to just say dead.

About me
I'm into my family history.
I'm very much into historical fencing and pre fire arm weapons.
I'm a survivor of cancer
I enjoy various anime.
I like to think of myself as a fairly tolerant person.
Also I'm a fan of Thomas Jefferson.
I like to study a bit of logic and rhetoric on the side. Which I think is essential in this day and age. The " religious affliation" I have is Polytheist. I believe in a plethora of Gods. My political affliation is, at least in theory, a constitutionalists.
If your wondering why I'm a polytheist. it's because I've had experiences that were powerful enough to convince me that a polytheistic belief is worth my time.

Any way Hi and I hope your having a wonderful May.
RE: Hi all (long winded)
Greetings, I guess. There is only one central belief to atheism, that is the lack of belief in gods. Even then there are varying degrees of atheism, from lack of belief in modern and past ideas of god to gnostic atheism, with it's assertion that there are no gods.

We can have a variety of different ideas and opinions about a vast breadth of other topics.

So if you're exploring what atheism is, that's about it.

As for the question of whether or not deities exist, I want to say that I too think that theists need to stop trying to proselytize.
Hello, welcome! I think if you're polytheist, then I'm sure you'll find a lot of interesting articles and threads here. Even though this forum consists largely of atheists, there are still scores of polytheists, as well as people with various religions beliefs among us, so yeah! ^^

Glad that you survived cancer; its always good to have another person around. (:

Ah, and you fence?
~We, the atheist, in creating a purpose for ourselves where there was none, are greater than God himself.~
Welcome, fun to have you here. See you in the forums!Smile
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
Welcome to the forums! We like to think of ourselves as a serious discussion forum; hopefully you won't find too many "childish" conversations here!
Although we don't take ourselves too seriously and know when to have a giggle Cool Shades
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Greetings. Welcome PreySmile Welcome to the forums!

Welcome Prey, enjoy your stay! Lol.

Welcome Smile

EvF
Hi, EP.

Welcome to the forums!

May I ask what experiences you had to convince you that polytheism was worth your time?

And also, which gods do you believe in?

EvF Wrote:Welcome Prey, enjoy your stay! Lol.

That was terrible Tongue
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
Of course lol. Deliberately lol.

EvF
(May 21, 2009 at 1:11 am)Everymans Prey Wrote: I'm not here to debate the existence of a supreme being.

Good luck sticking to/ fighting off that one Cool Shades

Fascinating family history you have there then! And I have no idea what your name may mean.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life long atheist MR. Macabre 666 19 1298 May 25, 2023 at 8:51 am
Last Post: brewer
  Long time no see Kingpin 27 2192 May 18, 2023 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2079 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member, Long Time Atheist fromdownunder 21 3101 August 18, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2144 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Long time, no see. 8BitAtheist 32 4070 November 18, 2016 at 10:47 am
Last Post: 8BitAtheist
Tongue A long-time lurker says hello Ludwig 22 3885 November 4, 2015 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Ludwig
  Long time Atheist, new member here! AceBoogie 17 4462 March 13, 2015 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Bad Wolf
  New here and pretty depressed (Kinda long) KrystalVisions 10 2904 March 7, 2015 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Newbie (long post) Dorian Gray 19 4238 January 1, 2015 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore