Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A long-time lurker says hello
Tongue 
A long-time lurker says hello
I've been lurking on different atheist forums for a few months now but I never joined any of them cuz I was always to shy to say "hi". Until today that is! Tongue

My username and pic is from Ludwig van Beethoven. I wish I could have met the guy before he died cuz I like his music a lot. Anyways I've been an atheist for as long as I can remember so I never really had to deconvert.

This place seems nice. I hope I will get a chance to know you guys more. ^_^
RE: A long-time lurker says hello
Hey there! I'm glad you decided to join us Smile

I always wonder what the lurkers make of all our chatter!

I've found this to be a very nice friendly forum.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome
Y
Welcome fellow heathen. Please enjoy your stay. Your welcome cookies should arrive shortly. Big Grin
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

hi Smile
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
Feel free to find and join the Western Music thread.

Welcome.
Welcome.

You'll need to type louder. I'm deaf you know. (hah)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome! Have fun with this crazy bunch here Smile

(November 2, 2015 at 2:34 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Feel free to find and join the Western Music thread

What he said Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Thanks for the welcome guys. FSM Grin
Hello Ludwig, glad to have you aboard ^_^
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Welcome!

How does it feel, finally stepping into the light?

(I have to echo RV's sentiment about wondering what lurkers make of our conversations.)
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life long atheist MR. Macabre 666 19 1248 May 25, 2023 at 8:51 am
Last Post: brewer
  Long time no see Kingpin 27 2086 May 18, 2023 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2000 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member, Long Time Atheist fromdownunder 21 3032 August 18, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Long time, no see. 8BitAtheist 32 3982 November 18, 2016 at 10:47 am
Last Post: 8BitAtheist
  Commie says hi! Red Economist 29 4023 August 8, 2015 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Long time Atheist, new member here! AceBoogie 17 4447 March 13, 2015 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Bad Wolf
  New here and pretty depressed (Kinda long) KrystalVisions 10 2849 March 7, 2015 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Newbie (long post) Dorian Gray 19 4215 January 1, 2015 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  new thread long time converted fojo 12 1849 November 9, 2014 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Aractus