Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm going to hell for sure, so I might as well question everything?
Question 
I'm going to hell for sure, so I might as well question everything?
I was watching a documentary on cemeteries. There was this man in a purple dress, waving his brass-phallic-holy-water-slinger around the cemetery. He informed me that he was slinging holy water on these graves to bless their corpses and pray for them. Also, he said he would be asking them to pray for us.

Now... hold on a sec. I was a Catholic a long fucking time. So I remember all the praying. Praying sucked balls. You know what I prayed for? That they wouldn't make us say them out loud, so that I could think about anything but boring shit, like praying. I don't think I ever really thought about what I was saying as I was forced to repeat the measureless, flavorless words. (I got in trouble all the time for saying things in my mind like "Hail Mary, full of turds, the squirts are with thee..", and then lmao)

Devil

We did ask for dead people to pray for us. How fucking selfish is that shit?!?! They're dead. They're supposed to be in paradise. Whose afterlife paradise would involve hours spent in prayer for fucking alive people?

Isn't god busy enough listening to a bunch of people rabble on and on about things they want that aren't in his plan? Does he really give a shit what ex-life wasters think about current life-wasters?

And why are they praying for dead people? I suppose they're only praying for the ones in hell or purgatory? In that case, don't you think they should be kinda praying for themselves, and the people with whom they're suffering?

None of this shit makes any sense to me, and yet so many believe this sort of thing, in one form or another.

It's off-putting. That's all.

RE: I'm going to hell for sure, so I might as well question everything?
Busy work for weak minds.

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Maybe for your faith, Aleia.
In Islam, one prays for the dead to God, in order to ease any suffering they might face for their individual sins in *hell*, not the real one, but the one the soul might encounter in the grave. The soul lays dormant in the grave, and according to his deeds, he/she might face either heaven or hell until the day o' the Judgement day/Jüngsten Gericht.
Quote:And why are they praying for dead people? I suppose they're only praying for the ones in hell or purgatory? In that case, don't you think they should be kinda praying for themselves, and the people with whom they're suffering?
Maybe I should ask a catholic priest about this.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(March 22, 2012 at 5:51 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Maybe for your faith, Aleia.

I'm faithless! It's fabulous! Big Grin

(March 22, 2012 at 6:10 am)aleialoura Wrote:

What I meant by that, is that you still have a faith even if you're faithless.
It doesn't matter if you stopped believing in it or not.
Culturally, you're obviously, still catholic.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(March 22, 2012 at 6:13 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:

How does someone who is faithless have faith? I don't even know what the "catholic culture" would be. I was brought up going to church. I don't go anymore. Catholics drink all the time, even at church parties. I don't drink. Catholics believe crazy shit. I'm not sure I ever really believed any of it. I know I don't now. I have almost nothing in common with Catholics.

Once again, mehmet, you don't know what you're talking about. It's okay. I've come to expect as much.

Smile

(March 22, 2012 at 6:52 am)aleialoura Wrote:
(March 22, 2012 at 6:13 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:

How does someone who is faithless have faith? I don't even know what the "catholic culture" would be. I was brought up going to church. I don't go anymore. Catholics drink all the time, even at church parties. I don't drink. Catholics believe crazy shit. I'm not sure I ever really believed any of it. I know I don't now. I have almost nothing in common with Catholics.

Once again, mehmet, you don't know what you're talking about. It's okay. I've come to expect as much.

Smile

Well, friend, you obviously know what I'm talking about, but you don't want to admit it.
Even though you don't believe in it, you have the *culture* of the catholic, whatever it is associated with.
My parents don't believe in Islam either, yet they cannot flaunt certain cultural aspects of it. That would be similar to flaunting their own identity and people.
So give some examples of how Alei displays a Catholic culture.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Popcorn
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 22, 2012 at 7:19 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: So give some examples of how Alei displays a Catholic culture.

I can't, since I do not know her on a personal scale. If I did, I might have made a few observations.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not sure Stan will show up. Brian37 20 815 March 3, 2024 at 3:06 am
Last Post: no one
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 38702 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 2293 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1506 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2741 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you knew for certain that you were going to Hell zwanzig 32 3008 March 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 9164 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Hello and question about hell Kyro 80 5353 August 11, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  The ECLIPSE! It's going to be a sign from GAWD! drfuzzy 148 33587 January 5, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Nice Going, "God." Minimalist 65 17233 October 13, 2017 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet