Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is going to happen when Jesus returns?
What is going to happen when Jesus returns?
So what is supposed to happen, according to Christians, when Jesus returns?

From what I heard, some expect that the dead will rise from the graves and he will judge them (some Christians are even buying gravesites for themselves in the holy land, near the place of his return, so that he judges them among the first), and then he will destroy this world and create the new one populated only with Christians over which he will rule some thousand years.

But then some believe that Christians will start disappearing before he returns leaving only their clothes...

Is that it?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: What is going to happen when Jesus returns?
Rapture, then tribulation, then reign of the antichrist after he fools people into thinking he is the real savior.

There have to be years of tribulation.

When he returns, supposedly on a white horse, it will be the end of Satan's reign on earth.

Bunch of mythological malarkey.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Reminds me of an old Dave Allen joke:

The Pope is in his study, crafting a new encyclical, when an agitated cardinal bursts in, robes all a-flutter, and says, 'Your Holiness, it happened - Jesus is back! He's outside right now in Saint Peter's Square, riding a donkey! Heavenly Father, what are we gonna do??'

The Pope thinks for a minute and says, 'Look busy?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 11, 2023 at 10:47 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: So what is supposed to happen, according to Christians, when Jesus returns?

From what I heard, some expect that the dead will rise from the graves and he will judge them (some Christians are even buying gravesites for themselves in the holy land, near the place of his return, so that he judges them among the first), and then he will destroy this world and create the new one populated only with Christians over which he will rule some thousand years.

But then some believe that Christians will start disappearing before he returns leaving only their clothes...

Is that it?

Nothing.    But when King Arthur or Frederick Barbarossa returns that would be exciting.
Taking anything "according to christians" is a mistake. Christ is a hoped for davidic warlord who's return will bring all enemies new and old to heel, ushering in a thousand years of jewish reign.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 11, 2023 at 11:22 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Taking anything "according to christians" is a mistake.  Christ is a hoped for davidic warlord who's return will bring all enemies new and old to heel, ushering in a thousand years of jewish reign.

A thousand years of gefilte fish and chopped liver?? Bugger that for a lark.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 11, 2023 at 11:22 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Taking anything "according to christians" is a mistake.  Christ is a hoped for davidic warlord who's return will bring all enemies new and old to heel, ushering in a thousand years of jewish reign.

So it will have no effect more than 100 miles from Jerusalem, then?
The restoration of the nation of israel would probably exceed that limit physically, but it's believed that the future king would be the head of the house of david, ruler of israel, and leader to the entire world. Everyone will recognize the one true god, justice and peace will flourish, the dead will be raised, and a new earth and new heaven will be created.

You can see why people were skeptical of this jesus fella, I imagine.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 11, 2023 at 10:47 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: So what is supposed to happen, according to Christians, when Jesus returns?

Is that it?

Why are the Christians disappearing while naked?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Well, the messiah is a warlord in a nationalist fairy tale. They've been known to traffic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1496 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2732 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you knew for certain that you were going to Hell zwanzig 32 2990 March 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 9133 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1665 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The ECLIPSE! It's going to be a sign from GAWD! drfuzzy 148 33543 January 5, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Nice Going, "God." Minimalist 65 17205 October 13, 2017 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Here's Why The US is Going Right Down The Shitter Minimalist 18 5059 August 2, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Virgin Births happen all the time?! Jehanne 11 2728 December 20, 2016 at 5:32 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11249 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand