Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Metal Church Burnings In Early 90s Norway
Black Metal Church Burnings In Early 90s Norway
From Wiki

Musicians and fans of the Norwegian black metal scene took part in over 50 arsons of Christian churches in Norway from 1992 to 1996. Some of the buildings were hundreds of years old and seen as important historical landmarks. One of the first and most notable was Norway's Fantoft stave church, which police believed was burnt by Varg Vikernes of the one-man band Burzum. The cover of Burzum's EP Aske (Norwegian for 'ashes') is a photograph of the Fantoft stave church after the arson. In May 1994 he was found guilty for the burnings of Holmenkollen Chapel, Skjold Church and Åsane Church. To coincide with the release of Mayhem's De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, Vikernes and Euronymous had also allegedly plotted to blow up Nidaros Cathedral, which appears on the album cover. Euronymous's murder in August 1993 (see below) put an end to this plan and stalled the album's release. The musicians Samoth, Faust (both of Emperor) and Jørn Inge Tunsberg (of Hades Almighty) were also convicted for church arsons.

What do you think about the events in this scene?
I don't agree with the destruction of any historical architecture and buildings.
When we get rid of religion we should not destroy all the religious buildings that are part of our history

I don't feel sorry for Christians in the picture though getting their Churches burnt down though as thats exactly what they did to every other European religion throughout history.
RE: Black Metal Church Burnings In Early 90s Norway
Will get back to you on this...still getting over the murder of a 15 year old in Uganda... (had her intestines reefed out via her vagina because she was possessed by demons)

Historic buildings?? Thinking
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Those old Gothic churches would make great night clubs and concert venues. I definitely wouldn't want to see them burnt down. An old cathedral is a bad-ass lookin place. No amount of money was ever too much when god was decorating his many houses with stain glass windows, marble pillars, and all manner of ubiquitous ornamentation.

[Image: 250px-Milan_Cathedral_from_Piazza_del_Duomo.jpg] [Image: st-patricks-cathedral-picture.jpg]

[Image: nave-cc-bzibble.jpg]

Jesus likes him some serious bling bling.
[Image: Evolution.png]

True that...pity they are not converted to homeless housing. Undecided
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Yes, beautiful buildings...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAmLsQ3eNFLGMo0hi3X_C...SUOttHzQsw]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbpqGY8wTi18MkTlW4tHu...2Lg4zteqMQ]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtc63Z5nIIDe7sU6IO3yI...NaA7AK4fgQ]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_KCNXWfHio-EBWhiH4dE...-X-8qTMJNe]

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
And how many can they shelter from the cold??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] The black man as a slave to the white man's god Foxaèr 51 2969 August 5, 2020 at 9:09 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Black and white religions Roksie 21 3151 February 12, 2017 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Black Hole Properties mentioned in the Quran majmal 26 5724 December 12, 2013 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: Ksa
  Atheist on the Black Church vs Gay Rights Cholley71 73 20210 June 8, 2013 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Savannahw
  Lewis Black on creationism orogenicman 7 3799 April 14, 2012 at 9:04 am
Last Post: fuckass365
  Norway attack suspect returns to scene of shooting Judas BentHer 0 1198 August 14, 2011 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Judas BentHer