Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YEC becomes OEC?
YEC becomes OEC?
William Dembski has some splainin to do.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/Defa...id=1566534
RE: YEC becomes OEC?
(April 1, 2012 at 4:22 am)Phil Wrote: William Dembski has some splainin to do.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/Defa...id=1566534

I'll bet it's tailoring the message for the college demographic. YEC is opposed so heavily by the evidence that it would be much more difficult for college students to reconcile than OEC. My guess is that it is simple strategy to try and salvage the Genesis account of creation from the mountain of evidence that would preclude a literal reading for the average college student.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
Quote:the Southern Evangelical Seminary

I'll bet every book in the library is already all colored in.
Doesn't matter if they call it YEC, OEC, or ID. "God did it" still doesn't explain anything.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7809 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The speed of light, stars, and YEC? Voltair 178 88277 September 24, 2015 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Question for Christians who are not YEC's Forsaken 16 3983 November 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Even Pat Robertson thinks YEC's are morons! SteelCurtain 10 2642 May 15, 2014 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  I'm a YEC. Challenge me. JeffB 342 147159 November 14, 2013 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Dionysius