Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doing God with Dave.
Doing God with Dave.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/...NETTXT9038

Quote:David Cameron has ventured into territory avoided even by Tony Blair, the most devout prime minister in living memory, during his time in Downing Street.

As Easter Sunday approaches, Cameron has decided to "do God" in public, as Alastair Campbell might say.
Cunt
RE: Doing God with Dave.
He ran out of scapegoats. The problem of infinite regress.. he's managed to back himself into blaming everything on God now.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Over here in the states , a politician "doing god" is more common than eating chicken.

For us, this is about as surprising as grass growing in the spring. Undecided
[Image: Evolution.png]

Fuck Cameron..
Agreed with Cinjin, it's common practice around here. If you don't "do god" here, i doubt you'd get anywhere as a politician. It's rather pathetic in my opinion.
~Lane~
Cameron can be as christian as he wants but as soon as he says UK is a christian country. He can go shove watermelons up his ass.
(April 4, 2012 at 10:22 am)Insanity x Wrote: Cameron can be as christian as he wants but as soon as he says UK is a christian country. He can go shove watermelons up his ass.

The UK is a christian country.. but I know what you meant Tongue
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
You guys complaining about this is like Americans complaining about too many footoball(soccer) hooligans.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I wish it was a big deal over here in the States when a politician decided to "do god". Over here, it's a huge shit-storm when a politician decides to not "do god."

The fundies scream oppression, as though it's oppressing them for a politician to choose not to pray in public or other such nonsense.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
That a good move by the PM. God and statehood go hand-in-hand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19413 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Doing a big poo is a Religious experience FreeTony 8 3916 February 15, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: StuW
  Hitler believed he was doing God's work!! chatpilot 34 24192 October 8, 2008 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: chatpilot