Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New particle found
New particle found
After years of searching the newest particle was found...

[Image: 54914829455209990061290.jpg]
RE: New particle found
You have no idea with how much excitement I opened this thread.
[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
(April 8, 2012 at 8:28 am)le_procyon Wrote: You have no idea with how much excitement I opened this thread.

I was thinking this was related to the Higgs Boson.
New particle found
Morons, a fundamental force in the universe.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
The slow moving particle that does the opposite of what reason suggests it should, yes.
Trying to update my sig ...
According to Frank Zappa:

"Stupidity is the basic building block of the universe." Therefore, a moron is the particle that translates stupidity into the real world.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Being both incredible dense and extremely common, the newly found moron particle has replaced dark matter as the best explanation of the unseen mass in the universe.

Nah, not really.

(April 8, 2012 at 8:28 am)le_procyon Wrote: You have no idea with how much excitement I opened this thread.
Phil, why did you have to trick me. Everyone already knew morons are the weakest force in the universe.

I really did think this could possibly be about the higgs particle.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible signs of life found in the atmosphere of Venus zebo-the-fat 11 1459 September 14, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are Photons the Particle Associatid with the CMB? Rhondazvous 5 1150 September 9, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth Minimalist 364 54732 August 21, 2017 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Amazing Dinosaur Found (Accidentally) by Miners in Canada TubbyTubby 4 1646 May 14, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Earliest evidence of life on Earth 'found' Minimalist 6 1733 March 1, 2017 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Planet Found in Habitable Zone Around Nearest Star zebo-the-fat 72 7835 August 27, 2016 at 7:12 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Newest super-sensitive test failed to catch a Dark Matter particle. Why? theBorg 40 5947 August 21, 2016 at 2:13 pm
  First collisions at the LHC with unprecedented Energy! (Ask a particle physisicist) Alex K 385 55235 August 8, 2016 at 5:03 am
  Elementary Particle for Heat? Rhondazvous 21 2935 February 21, 2016 at 5:03 pm
  Mega structure found dyresand 58 9989 January 14, 2016 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet