Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
I'm sure the creatards will come up with some bullshit story.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/how-did-...nd-a-clue/

Quote:How did life form? Astronomers find a clue

Quote:The same week we learned that the human species may be older than was previously believed, it was disclosed that two teams of astronomers report that they have found molecules related to the building blocks of life at a Sun-like star, providing insight into the origins of life on Earth.
RE: Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
Lego's?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 8, 2017 at 7:02 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Lego's?

Our pollution has reached THAT far?
Dying to live, living to die.
The molecules were delivered by Amazon drones.
Hey Jesus !!!

I'm going to emit some organic molecules just for you !!!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 8, 2017 at 7:07 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(June 8, 2017 at 7:02 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Lego's?

Our pollution has reached THAT far?

They might be making their own. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

That's why god can't ever have anything nice.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 8, 2017 at 7:46 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Hey Jesus !!!

I'm going to emit some organic molecules just for you !!!!

That's just another way of saying what Min says about Jebus.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Pretty much Fireball, except Vorls prefers to blow it into his arse, not out! A very small but significant difference...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
So Minimalist provides this article stating that scientists have found a sugar molecule and methyl isocyanate in a distant star system and that this is a clue as to how life formed and nobody here thought to push back at this at all??? Amazing!!

Maybe the following question would be appropriate:

Given that sugars and methyl isocyanate already exist here on earth and still no scientist that I know of has come up with a natrualistic mechanism for forming life from non-life, how does finding these materials in a distant star system provide any more clues to how life formed than anything that we already know?

Or maybe simply:

Scientists have found a sugar molecule and methyl isocyanate in a distant star system...so what?

Perhaps no atheists wanted to push back as doing so might highlight the lack of any known naturalistic mechanism for forming life from non-life????

C'mon, Minimalist, explain the significance of the finding such that any story whatsoever would be needed from a creationist or anyone else.

Have at it guys!!

Shy
Finding even microbial life within our solar system should not surprise anyone. The atoms as individual atoms that make up carbon exist everywhere in the universe so none of this find should surprise anyone. Exploding stars create all the atoms and materials we know of today. Intelligent life like ours that will be harder to find. And no, I don't buy the little green men/ Area 51 ancient aliens bullshit by saying that.

(August 8, 2017 at 11:30 am)rjh4 is back Wrote: So Minimalist provides this article stating that scientists have found a sugar molecule and methyl isocyanate in a distant star system and that this is a clue as to how life formed and nobody here thought to push back at this at all??? Amazing!!

Maybe the following question would be appropriate:

Given that sugars and methyl isocyanate already exist here on earth and still no scientist that I know of has come up with a natrualistic mechanism for forming life from non-life, how does finding these materials in a distant star system provide any more clues to how life formed than anything that we already know?

Or maybe simply:

Scientists have found a sugar molecule and methyl isocyanate in a distant star system...so what?

Perhaps no atheists wanted to push back as doing so might highlight the lack of any known naturalistic mechanism for forming life from non-life????

C'mon, Minimalist, explain the significance of the finding such that any story whatsoever would be needed from a creationist or anyone else.

Have at it guys!!

Shy

Typical bullshit, and not only bullshit, Christians also stupidly think they are the only religion to either try to debunk science or, when they cant do that, they try to co opt science to point to their club. Hate to burst your bubble, but every religion in the world has followers who pull this bullshit.

No magic one bit needed, no sky puppeteer needed. 

The atoms in life that make up carbon based molecules have a far different structure in those molecules than non living things. 

No magic super hero needed to explain life or the universe. For the same reason you don't need to insert Poseidon the ocean god as being the cause of hurricanes. 

How does non life get to life? Simple non cognitive tiny processes that produce a variety of atom arrangements. 

Please don't hand me your fictional factory boss garbage.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth's Gravity Hole Bucky Ball 2 553 July 29, 2023 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The shape of Earth h311inac311 162 24579 December 4, 2022 at 1:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Young Earth Creationism LinuxGal 3 805 November 26, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 577 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  NASA: Asteroid Could Still Hit Earth in 2068 WinterHold 52 4079 November 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Possible signs of life found in the atmosphere of Venus zebo-the-fat 11 1460 September 14, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Einstein Say Light is Massive? Rhondazvous 25 3118 July 8, 2019 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Puzzling thing about Speed of Light/Speed of Causality vulcanlogician 25 2616 August 24, 2018 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Irresponsible caretakers of Earth ignoramus 50 7254 April 9, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: JackRussell
  How Cn Gravity Affect Light When Light Has No Mass? Rhondazvous 18 1832 March 2, 2018 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: polymath257