Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing My Collection of Quotes With You
Sharing My Collection of Quotes With You
"Have the courage to live, anyone can die."

- Robert Cody

" Nobody procrastinates their way to the top"

-Nextel Buisness Card

" Finish each day and be done with it. you have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If we have the nerve to look, we can see in any face our own vulnerability."

- Dean Koontz

"Love all, trust few, do harm to no one"

- William Shakespeare

" Is the most important thing about Julius Caesar, about Peter the Great, about you dear reader, the way in which we do not differ from other people?"

-Dostoyevsky

"Silence is my shield; it crushes./ Silence is my cloak; it smothers./ Silence is my sword; it cuts all ways."

- line from a movie

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

"Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic."

-Fyodor Dostoevsky

"Anyone who tries to imprison friendship or love, will cut off the spring that feeds it, and the trapped water will grow stagnant and rank."

-The Witch of Portobello, Page: 196

"We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.”

-Dr. Viktor E. Frankl

"There's always a way forward, but there's no way back."

- Dean Koontz (The Darkest Evening of the Year, Page: 56)

"A good will isn't good because of what it effects or accomplishes, it's good in itself. Even if by the upmost effort the good will accomplishes nothing, it would still shine like a jewel for its own sake as something which has its full value in itself."

- Immanuel Kant

"When people talk, listen. Most people never listen."

- Ernest Hemingway

"Our obligation is to give meaning to life and in doing so to overcome the passive, indifferent life."

-Elie Wiesel

"Words can sometimes, in moments of grace, attain the quality of deeds."

-Elie Wiesel

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."

- Pearl S. Buck

"Keep Walking...Keep Advancing..."

- Saint Augustine

"Be led by your dreams."

- Anonymous

“If you want to be respected by others the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you.”

- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are.”

-Anonymous

"Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could've been any different."

-Oprah

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

-Gandhi

"Be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. "

-George Washington Carver

"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's wrong is to get caught."

~J.C. Watts

"Numb is the new deep, done with the old me, and talk is the same cheap it's been."

-John Mayer

"I have learned toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers."

--Khalil Gibran

"To thine own self be true."

- Polonius

"And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

- Kahlil Gibran

"Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends. "

- J.R.R. Tolkein

"And if my heart be scarred and burned, The safer, I, for all I learned; The calmer, I, to see it true That ways of love are never new- The love that sets you daft and dazed Is every love that ever blazed; The happier, I, to fathom this: A kiss is every other kiss."

-Dorothy Parker, from Incurable

“Doesn't matter what you say or do; people can always find a way to call you a dick.”

- Dave Attell

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."

- Eleanor Roosevelt

"I wish you were here
I wish you’d never left
But mostly I wish you well
I wish you my very very best."

-Andrea Gibson

"The hardest thing about having nothing,
is having nothing to give."

- Andrea Gibson

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

- Abraham Lincoln

“No soul is desolate as long as there is a human being for whom it can feel trust and reverence.”

-T.S. Eliot

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

-Mother Teresa

"We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”

-Paulo Coelh

“If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it’s yours. If it doesn’t, it never was.”

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.”

― Joss Whedon

“When did the future switch from being a promise to being a threat?”

― Chuck Palahniuk

"The greatest loss is what dies within us while we live."

-Norman Cousins

"Malevolence and paranoia cohabit in a twisted mind. Bad men trust no one because they know the treachery of which they themselves are capable."

- Dean Koontz

“Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.”

― Karl Lagerfeld

"If our motivation for serving others is tied to a strong desire for specific outcomes or for praise, our potential is limited. Because we can never completely control the results of our efforts, we may become easily frustrated and disheartened."

-John Makransky

“When someone sees the same people every day, as had happened with him at the seminary, they wind up becoming a part of that person's life. And then they want the person to change. If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. "

― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

"You gain power by pretending to be weak. By contrast, you make people feel strong. You save people by letting them save you.

All you have to do is be fragile and grateful. So stay the underdog.

People really need somebody they feel superior to. So stay downtrodden."

- Chuck Palahniuk

"I remember/ Late nights when I stayed up late/ all I'd do is wait and wait/ You're never coming home to me..."

-The American Rejects

"Because of indifference, one dies before one actually dies."

- Elie Wiesel
RE: Sharing My Collection of Quotes With You
I'll swap you some Spider Jerusalem wisdom;

"Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world..." - Spider Jerusalem

"I mean, why develop intergalactic travel technology just to stick a prong up your rectum? There are other ways of making 'contact,' aren't there?"

"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?"

"This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it any time, by not fucking paying for it. So lets celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger.""

"Don't look for media-approved ideologically sound Right Causes where there are none. Look out of the window instead, and do something about what you see there.

"The future is an inherently good thing, and we move into it one winter at a time. Things get better one winter at a time. So if you're going to celebrate something, then have a drink on this: the world is, generally and on balance, a better place to live this year than it was last year. For instance, I didn't have this gun last year."
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Some of my favourites:

Quote: A friend will help you move. A GOOD friend will help you move a body (Alexei Sale)

Quote:Religion: man's attempt to communicate with the weather (Graffito,London)

Quote:Ambition; avarice on stilts (Samuel Johnson )

Quote:Apologise;to lay the foundation for future offence. (Ambrose Bierce)

Quote:Suicide; the most sincere form of self criticism (anon)

Quote:Baby; a loud noise at one end an no sense of responsibility at the other. (Ronald Knox)

Quote:The Bible; the number one book of the ages.Written by a committee. (Louis B Mayer)

Quote:Callous :Gifted with great fortitude to bear the evils afflicting others (Ambrose Bierce)

Quote:Clairvoyant: A person,commonly a woman,who has the power of seeing that which is invisible to her patron--namely that he is a blockhead (Ambrose Bierce)

Quote:Compassion; the albatross of the liberal (J B Priestley)

Quote:Conscience; The inner voice which warns someone may be looking ( H L Mencken)

Quote:Cynic: A man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin( H L Mencken)
Hey SophiaGrace I think this is a great and beautiful post! I am so inspired by the diversity and range of this thought and genius! I posted some of my favorites on facebook. I love Dostoyevsky, and surprisingly Dean Koontz, who is normally not quoted, is also a superior writer. I perhance may have the obligation to recite some of the trite redundencies of my own atheistic religion.

Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.

The mind is everything. What you think you become.
Buddha

I also love Ralph Waldo Emerson. The New England Transcendentalist...................................tree
You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Buddha FSM Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silly Media Quotes Foxaèr 5 538 July 25, 2023 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Number 5's Surreal Creepy Film Collection zwanzig 111 6836 May 15, 2023 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Favorite book quotes BrokenQuill92 14 2365 February 20, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Quotes from my favorite books BrokenQuill92 3 1154 March 27, 2014 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: sven
  Favorite quotes from literature. Something completely different 27 5875 December 26, 2013 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Favourite poems and quotes Pel 12 7387 January 13, 2012 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Sharing a song Watson 1 976 June 4, 2011 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus