Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God Hates You
God Hates You

Genesis 6:6-7

He bitterly regretted that he had made mankind on earth. He said, "I'll wipe off the face of the earth this human race I have created - yes, man and beast, creeping things and birds, I regret that I ever made them."

Why would anyone want to believe in a god that wants to wipe you from the face of the Earth?

Also, why do you believe that god is loving and forgiving, when it states here that he wants to destroy you?
RE: God Hates You
One of the westboro baptist churches websites:

http://www.godhatestheworld.com/
Why do christians also say that god doesn't change his mind. That's kinda blown to shit with that verse isn't it?
Good, the concept of the Judaic God can hate me if He wants. I don't care if the concept does because concepts do not exist in reality.
(April 13, 2012 at 3:08 pm)tobie Wrote: Genesis 6:6-7

He bitterly regretted that he had made mankind on earth. He said, "I'll wipe off the face of the earth this human race I have created - yes, man and beast, creeping things and birds, I regret that I ever made them."

Why would anyone want to believe in a god that wants to wipe you from the face of the Earth?

Also, why do you believe that god is loving and forgiving, when it states here that he wants to destroy you?

Regret and hate are two different things entirely. How do you get hate from these verses. I see judgement, I do not see hate.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(April 13, 2012 at 6:44 pm)Godschild Wrote: Regret and hate are two different things entirely. How do you get hate from these verses. I see judgement, I do not see hate.

Rather than take issue with the fact that your god condones the slaughter of the entire world, you decide instead to discuss semantics.

Sometimes I really do find you jesus freaks sickening.
(April 13, 2012 at 3:10 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Why do christians also say that god doesn't change his mind. That's kinda blown to shit with that verse isn't it?

Well no, because 'god' being all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful and apparently constipated knew that his creation which he thought was so "good" a few chapter back would turn out shitty. However, he went ahead with it because...... because..... because he is a fucking moron.

Quote:Regret and hate are two different things entirely

I've regretted attending certain shows in my life, G-C. I did not go back and blow up the fucking theater.
(April 13, 2012 at 6:44 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(April 13, 2012 at 3:08 pm)tobie Wrote: Genesis 6:6-7

Regret and hate are two different things entirely. How do you get hate from these verses. I see judgement, I do not see hate.

How bout instead you address the fact that you people think your god knows everything. He didn't see himself hating his own creation, killing everything and then acting indignant about it?

your god didn't see that coming???? Is your god all knowing or not???

Don't bother answering ... no one cares about your apologetics.
[Image: Evolution.png]

God hates you?

Quote:Hate him back,works for me (Mel Gibson, Lethal Weapon 27)
I take personal issue in that I am a gay man who has comes to terms with my sexuality after many years of self loathing due to society's view on sexuality, mainly due to biblical teachings. However, if god did exist, then he made me the way I am, and if so, then why did he issue such edicts that condemn me? What kind of god is that, someone who likes to play games? Mankind has always invented gods/goddesses to explain the unexplained and I find it so bizarre that everyone would laugh at ancient civilisations for believing in their deities and just dismiss them as myths, but will quite readily accept 'god' without any thought. It puzzles me and I worry about what the future holds.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who god hates rado84 102 8255 August 5, 2016 at 10:06 am
Last Post: RozKek
  Even the UN hates the Vatican! zebo-the-fat 13 3348 February 6, 2014 at 5:54 am
Last Post: Aractus
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12428 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6700 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad