Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank You
Thank You
This picture reminded me of our more disgusting Christians (that will remain unnamed).

[Image: 52568010150805178686224.jpg]
RE: Thank You
What does this have to do with Christianity?

Are you not equally free to feed the needy? Or is there some "morality" clause that has you blame others for what you your self can do? People like this starve because people like us do not care enough or are so busy with our own lives it is hard to manage all of the turmoil of the rest of the world. That is why Christians are asked if they see a need to fill it.

Tell me you do not see a need for at least one of the three people you pictured. What have you done to fill it? IF you have done nothing then tell me how this your rant is not hypocritical.
(April 15, 2012 at 2:47 am)Drich Wrote: What does this have to do with Christianity?

Are you not equally free to feed the needy? Or is there some "morality" clause that has you blame others for what you your self can do? People like this starve because people like us do not care enough or are so busy with our own lives it is hard to manage all of the turmoil of the rest of the world. That is why Christians are asked if they see a need to fill it.

Tell me you do not see a need for at least one of the three people you pictured. What have you done to fill it? IF you have done nothing then tell me how this your rant is not hypocritical.

Tell me Drich, did the point of that post make a whooshing noise as it passed straight over the top of your head?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 15, 2012 at 2:50 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(April 15, 2012 at 2:47 am)Drich Wrote: What does this have to do with Christianity?

Tell me Drich, did the point of that post make a whooshing noise as it passed straight over the top of your head?

This is why I have the fuckhead on ignore. Now if people would just stop quoting the asshole...
(April 15, 2012 at 2:50 am)Zen Badger Wrote:

By all means please explain what you think is being said here.

(April 15, 2012 at 2:50 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Tell me Drich, did the point of that post make a whooshing noise as it passed straight over the top of your head?

I think it was between the ears, that whooooshh.
"Religion is comparable to Childhood neurosis" Sigmond Freud

"If one wishes to form a true estimate of the full grandeur of religion, one must keep in mind what it undertakes to do for men. It gives them information about the source and origin of the universe, it assures them of protection and final happiness amid the changing vicissitudes of life, and it guides their thoughts and motions by means of precepts which are backed by the whole force of its authority."

SIGMUND FREUD, New Introductory Lectures on Psychoanalysis

"Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our instinctual desires."

SIGMUND FREUD, New Introductory Lectures on Psychoanalysis

"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck." George Carlin

"The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling blocks in the way of women's emancipation." Elizabeth Cady Stanton - American Suffragist (1815-1902)

"Who loves kitty" Robin Williams live on Broadway DVD

"You cannot petition the lord with prayer" Jim Morrison The Soft Parade.
Maybe, Drich, it's that people truly think god helped their team win, or help them find their car keys, but funny how god's doesn't help the peasant African/ insert poor person here.

The pic is meant to show folks like you how credulous and small minded you are, and remind you about what your god doesn't do. Which is anything, obviously.
Interesting how Christians like Drich always pull out that freewill BS and revert to "deistic-esque" beliefs whenever faced with an irresolvable quandary while trying to maintain their worldview that God is 'all-powerfully good' yet have to defend him from any blame for his own craptastic creation.

And by interesting I mean the insipid tediousness that you can only get from a broken record.
I was watching the grand national yesterday (it's this awful horse racing event in England where 2 horses die every time it's run), and when the winner was parading around the commentator was babbling on how the horse was blessed and how it was an act of god that he won.

Yeah, fuck all these praying starving kids around the world, fuck all the people who have severe diseases that cannot be cured, fuck all the rape victims, the blind, the deaf and all those who die every year due to natural disasters and the like.

All god cares about is your stupid fucking super bowl and your stupid fucking grand national.

Then the religious have the audacity to look at YOU as though YOU are the one who is in the wrong, or somehow self righteous for pointing out such an obvious point out.

Makes me fucking sick.
Looks like Drich did not understand the OP, who thinks that God is credited with something so minuscule and insignificant as finding a lost key while at the same time, a universal problem such as world hunger is left unsolved (and we absolve God of any blame for the misery, while simultaneously claiming that this being is the infinitely powerful and infinitely knowing creator of the Universe). As I mentioned earlier in one of my posts, I believe God does not involve himself in the wordly affairs - so he is neither responsible for finding someone's lost key, or helping TimTebow throw a pass, or solve world hunger. It's all up to man to use the God-given gifts to solve these problems.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thank you Christians... Mudhammam 53 8931 June 15, 2014 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  We Should Thank Murderers, Here is Why Killman 79 21865 November 6, 2012 at 10:39 am
Last Post: festive1
  "Thank You, Jesus..... May I Have Another?" Minimalist 9 3584 December 11, 2011 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oh, Thank you, Your Ass-Holiness.... Minimalist 104 33684 April 20, 2011 at 7:00 am
Last Post: Zen Badger